• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ORDER NOW! Viberg for Styleforum GMTO preorders Round1 - 2015 - Ends April 7.

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Please, no ripple sole.

I'll continue to stump for the 110 oxford. But would perhaps be open to a service boot on 2045 or 310, so long as their is no wedge sole or ripple sole, etc.

amart

Reaction score

Service boot in Guidi Calf... not sure if this makeup is on the 1035, or the 2030 (looks more like the 2030 in the second pic), but it was love at first sight. I would love to have a pair of these.

Bobbo316

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the design of the Trench Boot, just didnt care for the sole choice of the most recent release. Maybe something along this line would different.

Exdeath

Reaction score
I like the design of the Trench Boot, just didnt care for the sole choice of the most recent release. Maybe something along this line would different.
Rakuten has a brown CXL one with leather sole. Didn't know Viberg made Japan-only makeups.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep 'em coming, gentlemen. We should have good news soon, so get geared up.

Re. tan buffalo - there is some left, sowe can do something with it again if we want. It would be the rest of the hids that we used much of last time, so only we would have that leather, possibly ever, since is not a regular order and was the end of a batch. I have a piece on my desk right now, and it is beautiful, both the grain side, and the really vibrant roughout side.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Keep 'em coming, gentlemen.  We should have good news soon, so get geared up.

Re. tan buffalo - there is some left, sowe can do something with it again if we want.  It would be the rest of the hids that we used much of last time, so only we would have that leather, possibly ever, since is not a regular order and was the end of a batch.  I have a piece on my desk right now, and it is beautiful, both the grain side, and the really vibrant roughout side.

I would propose re-running the scout boot in tan bison that we just did for those that missed out as it would make it super easy on Viberg and Fok. And maybe it wouldn't count as a wholly new boot, so folks could still do three entirely new styles.

Also, that was Fok's ideal makeup for the bison so considering how badass it came out, I would defer to the expert.

Last edited:

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
anything on Commando, Leather or Dainite sole for me...can not do any Ripple or super thick sole...I look goofy enough without my shoes looking like those things to make Jimmy jump higher.

The Bison that Fok posted was outstanding though and can certainly see the appeal.

afranzheim

Reaction score
I've been waiting for someone to do this one, so why not? Note: images lifted from Viberg Journal pages.

I believe the makeup is:
2030 Service w/ Captoe
Brown Guidi Leather
10 leather-reinforced eyelets
Leather Sole with Hobnail heal (to **** up hardwood floors)
I'll take these w/ or w/o distressing

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All,

I think that it's important to understand that the point of these is never to re-create some else's makeup. The goal here was to work with the SF community to create unique and stylish makeups. There is inspiration pulled from other sources but never a reproduction. Fok can chime in more but I'm reasonably confident he has no interest in that

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads