• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thomson

Reaction score
Well, I am far from being an expert but he is the only tailor whose style I would be able to identify reliably. Probably not easy to replicate in MTM or RTW.

And the combination of turtleneck sweater and suit/sports coat is maybe a bit 70s (?) but something I’d like to explore.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I
Well, I am far from being an expert but he is the only tailor whose style I would be able to identify reliably. Probably not easy to replicate in MTM or RTW.

And the combination of turtleneck sweater and suit/sports coat is maybe a bit 70s (?) but something I’d like to explore.
i love the turtleneck suit/sports coat combo. Easily my most favourite smart casual look

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Image result for cashmere tactineck

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sexton is prob one of the most stylish men alive right now. I'd say comfortably top 25.
No argument from me. If I could get halfway towards his innate style and cool factor I'd be deliriously happy.

I'd say it was virtually impossible to replicate Sexton's house cut in RTW. The only one that could is...Edward Sexton. The house produced a RTW line for The Rake that included a jacket very like the one I've commissioned. Indeed, it's fair to say that the jacket featured by The Rake was the inspiration for mine. I've done things like that before, which is to say seen an item in a RTW version and commissioned a bespoke version for myself. Why? Fit. And because I want it my way.

As for the turtleneck with a suit look being a bit '70s, I'm sure Edward was wearing turtlenecks with suits in the '70s. And the '80s, '90s, '00s, and all the way to 2019. You should explore the look; I think it's timeless.

Now, a dress shirt with extravagant ruffles: that's pretty damn '70s! :slayer:

Winot

Reaction score
A fitting with Edward Sexton is like no other I've experienced. This is the baste fitting for a "cocktail" jacket made up from a Fox cream flannel. Peaked lapel, double-breasted, no vents, flapped pockets, and turn back cuffs.

View attachment 1260400

View attachment 1260401

When I arrived for my fitting today the previous fitting was running late. The upside was that I got to sit in the work room and see your jacket being worked on.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I arrived for my fitting today the previous fitting was running late. The upside was that I got to sit in the work room and see your jacket being worked on.
That's super cool. It was pretty much torn apart after my fitting. I was also slightly early to my fitting last week and also sat in the work room. I got to chat to the young lady that made the basted version that I tried on.
Yes.

steveabdn

Reaction score
I had a great chat with Andrew Brooke’s in Edinburgh recently and have decided to go down the MTM route rather than the full bespoke option. I am still sure I will be delighted with the outcome, I don’t think my tastes are refined enough to really appreciate the differences when looking at the cost involved.

I will continue to enjoy watching this thread and the experiences you have with your respective tailors but for me, a half canvas cut to my actual measurements will do for now

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of two orders from Salvo, this one is a 3pc in a donegal tweed I found in a fabric store in Palermo. Dry, heavy stuff. Gives the trousers a fantastic drape. A few things to change on this one:

AB320172-3171-4C97-A60B-C8D398645B2C.jpeg
1EFF42A4-58D2-4A4A-91F7-FDEB61481A67.jpeg
4EBFD4BF-6C57-49FD-AD2A-308461051FD1.jpeg

Rotate sleeves
Lengthen jacket 1cm
Slim sleeves 12cm back to the cuff
Vest will be made 6 button single breasted
Trousers will be shortened, and let out in the thigh (you can see the chalk marks)
Coin pocket flap removed

Something I’m especially happy about is the shoulder extension (juuuuust enough) and teh drape. If I get around to it I’ll take pictures of the inside (the horsehair canvas is laid diagonally), and the difference between the default chest (close to the body) and this new expression.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mercydcom