• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One of two orders from Salvo, this one is a 3pc in a donegal tweed I found in a fabric store in Palermo. Dry, heavy stuff. Gives the trousers a fantastic drape. A few things to change on this one:

View attachment 1267513 View attachment 1267514 View attachment 1267515

Rotate sleeves
Lengthen jacket 1cm
Slim sleeves 12cm back to the cuff
Vest will be made 6 button single breasted
Trousers will be shortened, and let out in the thigh (you can see the chalk marks)
Coin pocket flap removed

Something I’m especially happy about is the shoulder extension (juuuuust enough) and teh drape. If I get around to it I’ll take pictures of the inside (the horsehair canvas is laid diagonally), and the difference between the default chest (close to the body) and this new expression.

Fabric looks nice, thanks for sharing.

Andy57

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some pictures from my final fitting for my Edward Sexton cocktail jacket, earlier this week:

A few tweaks to make and it'll be on its way to me in a week or so!

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having seen many faces on here and my own, I can say with confidence: we all make the same stupid expression when getting fitted. It's essentially a mixture of little kid at Christmas and confusion as to why someone is that close to us.

Looks great, Andy. Sexton and Dominic clearly get your body.

emptym

Reaction score
@UrbanComposition was kind enough to send me a bunch of pictures from a fitting last week with I Sarti Italiani's Salvo. Thought I'd share some here. I asked for them because I was wondering whether to widen the lapels. In a pic UC posted here, they looked a bit narrow to me, but here they look pretty good. Maybe could use 1/4"....:

Some fixes will be made due to my dropped right shoulder.

Love the shape of the jacket in this pic in particular:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
hm, i want to say don't widen, but i saw a coat on pete with wide lapels and thought it looked really good. it was just a little past the midway point between his collar and shoulder.

fwiw, i asked for slightly wider lapels on my taupe cotton suit. i guess, at these prices, it's not too much of a loss to experiment. whereas, if i went with a more expensive tailor, i would be more inclined to go with what im most familiar with and/ or the tailor's house style to be conservative.

emptym

Reaction score
Thanks D. In typical SF fashion, I first asked for an extra 1 cm in width. But now I'm thinking .5 cm or 1/2"... I wonder if the pattern would be more balanced with lapels as is or wider. Maybe @Despos could shine some light.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I specifically wore a turtleneck with a DB suit to the fitting as an homage to Mr Sexton. It was a nice coincidence that he wore one of a similar color.

Nice. I guess I am too uncultured to make the connection. The jacket is also very nice, the color especially. I always think that particular combination of color and cut looks good on others, but I can't see myself wearing it.

classicalthunde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My fitting went great, I feel that my tailor has it all dialled in now. He knows what I want and he knows my body.
That's really nice but at the same time a little scary:)

My shirt fitting went great, but especially the tweed jacket, best colour at the last photo.

1BFnDgD.jpg

MJ0AOM2.jpg

YVCvYle.jpg

011gfUj.jpg

0nLannF.jpg

I'm not sure if you've mentioned it before, but what tailor do you use?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rice Purity Test