• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You want to look like this:

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I like the slight paunch, too
I'm actually confused by those pants. No side or back pockets and no zipper/button fly. So you have to entirely take off your pants to use the restroom, and your pants can't hold your wallet/keys/anything.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm actually confused by those pants. No side or back pockets and no zipper/button fly. So you have to entirely take off your pants to use the restroom, and your pants can't hold your wallet/keys/anything.

I'm still trying to figure out how he even gets them on. Well at least he doesn't have male camel toe showing. I guess that is a sign of good tailoring.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So I was looking for great brown suits for inspiration for a project of my own. This is very nice, I love everything about it. May I ask what weave the fabric is?

I am currently considering having mine made in a dark brown (to suit my complexion) birdseye fabric. Hopefully it will work as a separate jacket as well from time to time when I want more variety in my spring wardrobe.

Thanks; I'm afraid I can't help you, though, it was from a bolt and I think there wasn't much left.

Finally a good picture of the finished Casentino polo coat:

Very, very happy with it. I was a little afraid I wouldn't like the orange lining, but I love it (and it's the traditional choice), was also afraid it would be too heavy, but it just feels like a warm, cozy blanket if you put it on. Also, the fabric dresses up and down fantastically, a plain worsted suit looks as good with it as a chunky sweater and denim. :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Xpost

Next BnT fitting. Only thing I would like is a slightly wider leg opening on the suit pants. The angle of the photo makes the torso to leg proportions look a little weird, in reality the pants draped beautifully. The pose and thin 9oz clothing the suit make it look quite 'unsettled', in reality it sat very well

Dugdale blue hopsack

Drapers green linen

Last edited:

JLopez

Reaction score

Xpost

Next BnT fitting. Only thing I would like is a slightly wider leg opening on the suit pants. The angle of the photo makes the torso to leg proportions look a little weird, in reality the pants draped beautifully. The pose and thin 9oz clothing the suit make it look quite 'unsettled', in reality it sat very well

Dugdale blue hopsack

Drapers green linen

Look really nice those garments,congratulations.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads