• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, prices are going up after Spring Festival so it would be foolish to NOT order this for a quarter lined Spring/Summer sports coat now. This is from the Sunset side of the Loro Piana Cruise book. I was tempted to get this made up as a dinner jacket, but think I’ll use another pink for that some other time.
View attachment 2125267

A gorgeous pink indeed.

__k

Reaction score
I may also give him a go if I make it to Japan. I’d like to find someone who can turnaround a first fitting in a few days & then do a subsequent fitting on my next trip.
That's probably pushing it, but it never hurts to ask. Roll of the dice based on how busy he is that week. I vaguely remember he was still on the order of months between fittings (maybe 1-2?). Still significantly shorter than the other small-shop Japanese tailors who ask for 6m between visits.

camez_

Reaction score
cloth for the future, dropped at my tailor:
PMn4F.jpg

sc finished:
PWKTJ.jpg

some pictures with my tailors and the finished jacket:
PWNnL.jpg

PWfCW.jpg

PMjw2.jpg

Zülal, Wain Shiell cloth, first fitting
PMJxT.jpg

PMoUe.jpg

db polo coat finished
PMAV4.jpg

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score
GFRpcSQXoAA3y-_

An off angle view, but pleased with how my Zegna CashCo is coming along with Pastena. A lovely cloth that drapes and (per Antonio) tailors incredibly well.

tim_horton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An off angle view, but pleased with how my Zegna CashCo is coming along with Pastena. A lovely cloth that drapes and (per Antonio) tailors incredibly well.

That looks great. My last Anglo-Italian commission was supposed to be a grey corduroy suit but they were out fo it, so I went with a brown instead... Yours looks just as good as I had imagined it!

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks great. My last Anglo-Italian commission was supposed to be a grey corduroy suit but they were out fo it, so I went with a brown instead... Yours looks just as good as I had imagined it!

Was that the near charcoal from their own tessuti collection? They were supposed to send me a swatch of that some years back with a sport coat length, but they forget. The one I am thinking of was splitting the difference between black and grey, at least in the website photo

me.spoke

Reaction score
My DB dinner suit update.

IMG_3620.jpeg
IMG_3621.jpeg

We tweaked the lapels just a shy. I decided to go for a 2x1 fastening despite the longer skirt. I guess it’s because I came across this Andreas Weinas’ 2x1 dinner suit whose buttoning point is also a little higher than normal, similarly to mine.

IMG_3560.png

All in all, I rather like the outcome.

My blue DB suit in VBC 21 micron tropical wool is also almost finished.

IMG_3614.jpeg

Both are up for final adjustments and pressing. I’ll pick them up tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_3618.jpeg
    IMG_3618.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 33

DorianGreen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My DB dinner suit update.

View attachment 2127007 View attachment 2127009

We tweaked the lapels just a shy. I decided to go for a 2x1 fastening despite the longer skirt. I guess it’s because I came across this Andreas Weinas’ 2x1 dinner suit whose buttoning point is also a little higher than normal, similarly to mine.

View attachment 2127015

All in all, I rather like the outcome.

My blue DB suit in VBC 21 micron tropical wool is also almost finished.

View attachment 2127017

Both are up for final adjustments and pressing. I’ll pick them up tomorrow.

It seems a very neat work, both pieces look good. I think you made the right decision about the 2x1 buttoning on the dinner jacket.

me.spoke

Reaction score
It seems a very neat work, both pieces look good. I think you made the right decision about the 2x1 buttoning on the dinner jacket.
Thanks! I’ve just picked them up and they indeed look very good after the final tweaks. I am going to take some good quality photos and post them here. As a spoiler, I will just leave a quick shot of the dinner suit.

IMG_3684.jpeg

camez_

Reaction score
I do this all the time, even for suits. Just do not mix oversize jackets with slim fit trousers (unless that is what you want to achieve....)

+1

this year is the first time that I will use a tailor that tailors both - before that I always had different tailors for different pieces

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads