• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

OneWatch

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
I would have thought the c.1962 JLC would have called to you more.

- B

The JLC certainly calls to me... It's nice.
inlove.gif

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
The JLC certainly calls to me... It's nice.
inlove.gif

Do you know the story about it? I got it at auction NOS...complete with box, tags, sales sticker on the back, etc.

Never worn.

It also tells great time, although the lack of a second hand makes that an easier target.

- B

KtownGreg

Reaction score
Hard to beat the Omega Speedmaster for an all-around watch but for simple I would offer.....

GO Sixties

FebWAYWT811.jpg

waywt690.jpg

waywt692.jpg

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Twotone
My Constellation is the one watch I currently own that goes well with everything from jeans and a t-shirt to a suit and tie. It does, however, have an integrated bracelet and can not be worn on a strap.

conninws.jpg

Mine is a 45 year old version of this, in 18k gold. I have had both brown and black removable, crocodile straps made so that I can change them out according to what I'm wearing.

WAYWN184.jpg

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have more than 15 watches and can sell them all except this and not miss them at all. I wear the JLC all 7 days, with casual and formal, almost no exceptions.

_DSC9445.jpg

Oleg

Reaction score
Not as spectacular as some of the others on this thread but I'm exceptionally happy with my Stowa Antea 390. In the absence of a lottery win, it's going to be my one watch for many years to come.
b15.jpg

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
Do you know the story about it? I got it at auction NOS...complete with box, tags, sales sticker on the back, etc.

Never worn.

It also tells great time, although the lack of a second hand makes that an easier target.

- B

A terrific rare find! No wonder it looks so good.

niwawa

Reaction score
I wear my Omega speedy almost 6 days a week, even through I have other better watches, I just love it.

vince-t

Reaction score
so i've got this steel band citizen that my father passed down to me, says he got it in the eighties, but i cant seem to find the model, resistance level. unfortunately i cannot upload a picture at the moment. i can post some specs of the watch, however.

the case:
is square and between 34-36mm if i had to guess
on the face:
citizen automatic
features day with both chinese and english languages
date
21 jewels
on the back:
4-822811 TA
GN-4W-S
51-2931

thanks in advance

Montesquieu

Reaction score
Front side: time zone 1, date, day/night, seconds. Reverso side: time zone 2, GMT +/-, day/night, 8 day power reserve.

200904011186.jpg
200904021198g.jpg

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score

NOLA1

Reaction score
My Sea Dweller

SalesStuff180.jpg

or the IWC 3531 I hope to get soon (SS w/ silvery face)

IMG_7176.jpg

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I probably won't swap it--partially because my watch has sentimental value as is, partially because I'd like to preserve its integrity. I'll wait until I can see the new watch in person. If I like it and I can finagle my way into keeping my old dial, then maybe . . .

Wait, what dial swap are you considering on your 5001?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads