• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Omaha Steaks as in-law gift?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting my girlfriend's parents a meal package from Omaha Steaks as a Christmas present. Last year I did a meal package from a Maine lobster mail delivery company and they really enjoyed it. I don't eat beef, so I don't know if their steaks are good, but I have heard they are pretty good. Does anyone have any opinions on their quality or suggestions on other places to look?

Thanks

James Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omaha Steaks is a good gift for anyone.

Not that I'm from Omaha or anything.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Friends of mine (a married couple) get steaks from Omaha Steaks from her father every Christmas. They enjoy the steaks, but not the repetition, and report that the steaks are very good.

spertia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never had steaks from Omaha, but I do get my frozen meats through Horizon delivery (www.horizonfoods.com), due to limited local shopping options, and their steaks are great. I believe there is some connection between the two companies -- some of Horizon's products come from Omaha or something like that.

In short, I think that your Omaha Steaks gift idea is a good one.

Tyto

Reaction score
Friends of mine who know steak very well like and buy Omaha steaks for themselves and others. It's almost like buying someone a truly good steak dinner, except that Omaha may be worlds better than anything available locally, and you can achieve perfection on the cooking.

One caution: check the portion sizes carefully. OS is generally a good value, but some of their package deals are less substantial than the price might lead you to believe.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Omaha steaks are good if you don't have access to good beef locally. I've had them before, and they're gift-worthy. The Omaha package shows you care.
inlove.gif

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
I'll +1 everyone else. I've bought my fiancee's father Omaha Steaks as a gift before, and she's actually bought them for my parents, too. No one has yet been displeased.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those that have experience with this, is there a way to give the Omaha Steaks gift without actually selecting the shipping? I'd just like to pay for the package, give a card with the details, and then let the recipients choose when it arrives and all that info. That is how it worked for my lobster-by-mail deal last year.

So far, all I can find are cash-equivalent gift cards, quarterly/monthly packages, or meat ready to ship today.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds good to me

Roland Loden of Germany

Reaction score
I never knew that meat with exception to dried sausages could be ordered and transported as this. Here in German we pride ourselves in the quality of our butchers cuts in our individual villages sometimes even coming to fist blows when one might insult your villages meat over a pint in a pub.

robbie

Pleading Poverty
Reaction score
Omaha steaks are very good in my experience.

My grandfather received something from a b steaks as a gift from a client and it too was very good.

robbie

carlhuber

Reaction score
Omaha steaks are cool, heck yeah. If you really want to blow them away, however, use Allen Brothers. Their stuff makes Omaha Steaks taste like cardboard. And the prices reflect this.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roland Loden of Germany
I never knew that meat with exception to dried sausages could be ordered and transported as this. Here in German we pride ourselves in the quality of our butchers cuts in our individual villages sometimes even coming to fist blows when one might insult your villages meat over a pint in a pub.

So would it be appropriate to compliment your butcher on the cut of his pig in a public house?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads