• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
28 would be fine. I suggest trying on a 27 though. Because if this is your first venture into higher end denim and previously didn't care all that much, there is a chance you've been wearing your jeans up 1 size from your true waist. A lot of people who aren't worried about fashion do this because it's "more comfortable". Because of this, i'd probably lean towards a 27, also because sauce works out a fair amount and if you have skinnier legs, the 27 might work out. At least take a 27 into the dressing room with you. They'll stretch out a bunch so you'll just have to take a leap of faith that they'll stretch. Good luck.

edit: beaten to it

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where can I get plain white Vans slip-ons in a retail store? Shoe stores that might carry them in my vicinity off the top of my head include Journey, Foot Locker, Champs, Pacific Sunwear, and Urban Outfitters.

chronoaug

Reaction score
The millenia mall in orlando has a vans store. I think they might have them there
wink.gif
I think even gap has similar looking things. I know they have converses now. Do you really need more locations with all of those? I know the journeys in gainesville has vans slips. Same with pacsun and i can't think of a mall without those stores.

chopsticks

Reaction score
I have a pair of second hand apcs that have a foul stench (b.o?) courtesy of the previous owner...anybody have any suggestions as to how to get rid of it?

they havent been washed yet...id say about 2 months of wear tops...
is dry cleaning them an option?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
28 would be fine. I suggest trying on a 27 though. Because if this is your first venture into higher end denim and previously didn't care all that much, there is a chance you've been wearing your jeans up 1 size from your true waist.
This is a good point. I'll expand my answer and agree with chrono and falsestart, if you have the opportunity to try a pair on, or you're ordering from a place with a return policy, try sizing three down as well. If you can button them up but it's a bit tough to do so, you got the right size. If you can't button them all the way up, they're too tight; if you can button them up and they look perfect right from the get-go, they're a size too big.

chronoaug

Reaction score
Wash them. You can still get fades. The 6month rule doesn't mean anything. Wear them until they smell or are physically dirty, then wash them and hang to dry. Hanging them after wearing them helps control the smell when you're wearing them, fyi. Just wash your jeans when they need it. It won't destroy fades or whatever you read. edit: Sauce, Do you really have time to post when you should be loading pictures of your lower body on the internet for eagerly awaiting adults to fawn over?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
edit: Sauce, Do you really have time to post when you should be loading pictures of your lower body on the internet for eagerly awaiting adults to fawn over?

Pics have been uploaded, it's in Fok's hands now. And his hands are full with a newborn, so give it a little bit. We already chose the pics to use, so they should be up tonight.

soonami

Reaction score
I like the fit in the whole leg of the LVC 47 501 in a 34W, but the problem is that I know they are raw and will shrink, so the questions are:

Will these stretch enough after shrinkage to keep that fit?

Or will a 36 shrink to fit like a raw 34W?

wiru

Reaction score
How do you pronounce uniqlo?

you already know how to pronounce it, but for trivia's sake: it's a (very japanese) contraction of "unique clothing" uni+clo = uniqlo

redgrail

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<-----new guy.
Hey everyone.

I'm looking for a new black leather belt to go with my dry selvage jeans (nudies and acne). Simple buckle - no over the top stuff. An original Soviet navy belt is enough fancy for me. Simplicity is the name of the game here (but not boooring yeah?).
Budget <$200. In the Boston area or online.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads