• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

spacemanvt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if PRPs twill pants in general stretch much?

i got some from the gilt sale and they are a size big but if they dont stretch much they will be ok.
they seemed to be washed pretty heavily already...

Riio

Reaction score
How are you supposed to order from Uniqlo? I've emailed them multiple times and left two voicemails with my name and a phone number, and I've only received a copy + paste email response back.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Does anyone have a fit pic of the Uniqlo "No wale corduroy slim fit jeans"? I'm looking for a slim pair of cords and J crew didn't do the trick. I'd like something that's slim but not skinny. Also, does anyone know how the sizing runs on these?

jonnylocks

Reaction score
Will a pair of Oxblood Doc Marten shoes (very dark, with a marblized look) go with the jacket (images attached.. though I am not sure how well they depict the actual jacket)? Will these same Oxblood shoes go with a dark brown donkey jacket with a subtle navy blue piping? Also, does anyone else think this jacket is badass or what??

Atreus

Reaction score
Where is a good place to find ralph lauren black label shirts at a decent price? (they seem hard to find)

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Atreus
Where is a good place to find ralph lauren black label shirts at a decent price? (they seem hard to find)

My first guess would be Gilt, they have RLBL on sale pretty frequently.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by msza
10-sleeves-0308.jpg

Where do you fall on this spectrum. This image is obviously biased towards the middle picture, though from my observations it seems that the length in the third pic is most common. I'm usually closer to #2. And does it vary based on personal/professional setting. I'm also sporting #2 at work, usually.

One almost always. Two if I'm at work and covering tattoos. I smoke American Spirits, and it's 'soda' not 'pop' or 'cola'.

To another point on this, military dress code actually requires no more than 3" above the elbow, but low enough to show rank badge. Three is sloppy and elicits the question 'why bother'

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TwentySomthing
A little off this topic but still somewhat relevant. What are the bands that go around the sleeves of a long sleeved shirt to hold them up called? You see sometimes pictures of old bartenders wearing them while working.

Sleeve garters.

These were worn when rolling one's sleeves was considered something only farmers did. Sleeves were also cut longer then, so the garter allowed fo the excess material to be out of the way of draping into water, ink, etc. Accountants and clerks often wore them too.

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
If I bought a pair of white leather shoes, could I theoretically have them dyed any colour I want?

It really depends on the leather. I'd ask a shoe repair shop. Might also ask them what it costs to do this professionally through them, and not at home.

Originally Posted by jonnylocks
Will a pair of Oxblood Doc Marten shoes (very dark, with a marblized look) go with the jacket (images attached.. though I am not sure how well they depict the actual jacket)?

Will these same Oxblood shoes go with a dark brown donkey jacket with a subtle navy blue piping?

Also, does anyone else think this jacket is badass or what??

That looks like the Barracuta jacket...

0f07ecad98f167d332ce316d524043ae.jpg

...only in leather.

The oxblood color was the original DM 1460 work boot color, before even black. I've found it works with just about everything, but any browns in particular. I'm more concerned with them working with the pants I'm wearing rather than the belt or jacket.

entropy kid

Reaction score
I need some sizing advice for a Filson Italy (black label) jacket. I would assume cuts are somewhat slimmer than normal Filson (i.e. size up from US Filson). Is this correct?

breakz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What brands compare to Dior, Cloak, and Geller? Do any of the mid-level brands fill this niche?

splattered

Reaction score
How long is too long for a shirt hem if you arent tucking it into your pants? I don't mind a slight-slob look
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads