• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

eidolon

Reaction score
If I remember correctly, there was a site linked to here (maybe an affiliate?) that sells packs of 12 cedar shirt/suit hangers. I'm moving soon so I'm going to need about two dozen hangers, I thought they were a pretty good price at the time.

There was also a site (the same one, maybe? from a shoe-tree group buy thread (not the actual group buy, it was another site that was linked to that had more styles) that was highly recommended and also sold some other shoe care stuff.

Anyone happen to have either of these links?

edit; Also what is the consensus here about jeans and tucking in dress shirts? I am almost always against untucked dress shirts, but tucking in dress shirts into jeans always looks... old man-ish and bulky around the mid-section.

fosho78

Reaction score
Where can I shop for RRL clothing online? When I Google it, it gives me the Ralph Lauren website but when I click on look at the collection or whatever it just brings me to the RL home page.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fosho78
Where can I shop for RRL clothing online? When I Google it, it gives me the Ralph Lauren website but when I click on look at the collection or whatever it just brings me to the RL home page.
Denim Bar sells quite a few RRL items although they are listed on the blog and not on the main site. The store Blake in Portland, OR sells RRL but you'll have to place an order over the phone. Last but not least, ebay.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
www.bluebee.com also sells some RRL. They've got 4-5 jeans styles is a few cuts and washes, as well as some of the S/S 08 stuff and some accessories.

Polo Ralph Lauren retail stores will also do mail order for you as long as the individual store carries the line (doesn't include the outlets).

funkygroove

Reaction score
Any ideas for sub $200 boots that can be worn with skinny jeans? RMWilliams look sweet but a little on the pricey side.

(not desert boots)

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
www.bluebee.com also sells some RRL. They've got 4-5 jeans styles is a few cuts and washes, as well as some of the S/S 08 stuff and some accessories.

They don't sell online anymore. I've also noticed that their in-store selection (which was only jeans) has dwindled down every time I've walked in over the past year. There were still about 5-10 pairs around last time in May but there was twice as many in December.

Oxnard

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with Nom de Guerre pants, in particular im looking at the "slim lightweight" ones from s/s08 that are up on Hejfina. Curious if anyone knew how NdG's not denim pants worked out in size (the grey jeans I had were really small for a 34), or if anyone had any information on that particular pair...these are the ones I am looking at ... http://www.hejfina.com/details.asp?t...d=1535#details
- Any help is much appreciated as I have been scouring the net for information to no avail.

zegogglestheydonothing

Reaction score
I've looked at a bunch of other threads, especially all the ones concerning sandals.

I need affordable ~$150 or less (I work for a nonprofit) examples of shoes to wear in the following situations:

1) beach/pool/summer bbq

2) with shorts in the summertime
(may be similar to above or be more dressy or comfortable to walk in)

3) slip on dress shoes for work/nightlife

4) slip on or lace up rubber sole dress shoes for work (rain, snow, ice, salt concerns)

THANKS!

davo10375

Reaction score
pretty broad question, thought id throw it in here before I made a thread about it...

At the end of the year i'm going to america for a few weeks; las vegas, los angeles, boston and new jersey with maybe a day trip into new york.

Obviously I'll be doing a great deal of shopping on the trip. What I want to know is, in these cities/areas, what kind of stores usually have massive/some sort of sales? I'll be heading down in January, and want to pick up some awesome stuff I can try on and hopefully for cheap. Brandwise I'm not looking for anything in paticular I guess, but a general list of forum-approved brands sort of covers my taste... from band of outsiders to ndc shoes to paul smith to APC... anything really.

So what sort of places are there for outlet shopping in the above cities, or atleast places that would be expecting sales at this time (would there be a solid amount of end of clearance sales in January? End of summer sale or something?)

Thanks for any help

caleb3221

Reaction score
I just came back from a trip to South Africa in which I wore my Somets the entire time, and they received some pretty heavy wear, meaning they are filthy and have two tears now, both near the bottom of the right leg. One of them is a little rip in the fabric near the inside seam, which I feel like I need to get patched or something. The other problem is that the seam of the selvedge line has split below the hem; I guess that should be repaired too.

My questions are 1. How should I get these repaired(If I should even bother)?Take them to a local tailor? Send them off somewhere that specializes in denim? Do I need to find matching denim first or can they do it without visible patching?

Second question: I haven't washed them yet, if I wash them now will the shrinking make the damage worse or is it safe?

Edit: Oops, I meant to do it in the jeans question thread. Oh well.

onion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do Sugarcane shirts run? (L/S BD) I'm normally a medium in everything and about a size 40, but I saw one site said the medium in SC only fits up to about a 39. I'm just wondering if it'll fit right or if I need to large (up to 41"). SC shirt sizing isn't Japanese is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads