• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
Originally Posted by onion
Happen to have a link to where those are available online?

No, sorry, just saw them mentioned on a website, and heard they're expensive ($80+) and can take over a month to be delivered.

chiral

Reaction score
I've got a question about repairing a pair of Rescues. I've had these for about 7 months, no washes or soaks, and wear them very hard(I bicycle 4-5 miles a day, minimum). Theyre starting to get really awesome fades, but there are two holes developing in the crotch region from being worn down by my seat. Over the weekend these holes just really starting ripping and becoming quite large, and as a result I dont feel comfortable wearing them anymore.

Whats the best way to repair these? I've got a few pairs of jeans I can cut up to make patches, and then just sew them in place?

I really dont want to resign these jeans to the trash just yet.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
ratboy- i really doubt they'll be that slim. Probably just not as baggy and unflattering as their normal fit kinda like the jcrew "slim fit" chinos.

Yeah, I saw the pics on their website, still pretty loose.

Does anyone know of good slim chinos? The ones GS posted not too long ago were cool but a bit too much like work pants/too heavy looking.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Levis has a 511 fit pair of pants. I'm considering grabbing a pair of khaki ones for something cheap. http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban...ushpush&color= You can also find the 514 in khaki twill. Uniqlo Vintage Chinos get a lot of love on superfuture. Nice details, weight and fit for a fair price ($40-50?). You can do email or phone orders i believe.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ratboycom
Does anyone know of good slim chinos? The ones GS posted not too long ago were cool but a bit too much like work pants/too heavy looking.

You can always take a pair of decent fitting chinos to a tailor and have them slimmed down. Not a difficult / complex procedure, should run you only $20-25 or so.

smw356

Reaction score
where other than zappos (they're out of 12's and 13's) can I grab white canvas purcells, that has a decent return/exchange policy.

Also what size do I want in purcells if I am a 12e in redwings, and 12 in chucks, 13 in nikes.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by smw356
where other than zappos (they're out of 12's and 13's) can I grab white canvas purcells, that has a decent return/exchange policy.

Also what size do I want in purcells if I am a 12e in redwings, and 12 in chucks, 13 in nikes.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/produc...Type=EverGreen

You can return them to any Macy's B&M store.

raulishere

Reaction score
just wondering i did a few searches and i couldn't seem to find anything but does anyone have some favorite brands for plain t-shirts that fit a taller person, I'm 6'2 and I don't know where to look for some t-shirts with a nice long length.

thanks for any replies and i'll continue searching

Homme

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ American Apparel. The Medium is about 3 inches too long for me, and i'm 5'10 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads