• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@acconrad, you'll be fine in a tuxedo. Don't worry about black versus midnight blue, except for considering which one you like more. And congratulations!

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Agreed. This argument comes up frequently, though it should not. You are either having a daytime event or an evening event-don't get hung up on the exact time that the clock indicates (these standards pre-date Daylight Savings after all).

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Agreed. This argument comes up frequently, though it should not. You are either having a daytime event or an evening event-don't get hung up on the exact time that the clock indicates (these standards pre-date Daylight Savings after all).
Also, agree.But I chose a different approach. My 4:00 ceremony was with a suit while my 6:00 reception was with a dinner jacket.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Changing between the ceremony and the reception can be an option too. Nothing wrong with it, except potentially the inconvenience factor (and of course you have to decide whether you will be the only one changing or if you want your groomsmen to do so as well).

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^ Changing between the ceremony and the reception can be an option too. Nothing wrong with it, except potentially the inconvenience factor (and of course you have to decide whether you will be the only one changing or if you want your groomsmen to do so as well).

I prefer my groomsmen to wear red shirts so no problem there. He went to ND undergrad. Please forgive him.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I prefer my groomsmen to wear red shirts so no problem there. He went to ND undergrad. Please forgive him.

I'm thoroughly enjoying ND's mediocrity this year. Too many obnoxious ND fans in Chicago for me to ever root for them.

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm thoroughly enjoying ND's mediocrity this year. Too many obnoxious ND fans in Chicago for me to ever root for them.

I knew there was something about you that I liked. While he and I share the same law school, our undergrads are rivals.

EdenResident

Reaction score
Hey guys! So, I'm getting married! My wife-to-be, who is obviously Japanese, is gonna wear this kimono at the wedding.

I'm gonna wear a tux. What color and style should I pick for my tux to not look out of place next to her? The ceremony will be indoor.

Ivory jacket + black pants like this (but with one button instead)

or a traditional black tux like this

Or any other thoughts? I'm up for all non-conservatives ideas.

(FWIW, our wedding color scheme is the standard cream, gold and emerald.)

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EdenResident

I can't comment on anything specific to Japan (if the wedding is going to be held there or you want to ensure that what you wear is culturally appropriate out of respect to her and her family), but cream dinner jackets are generally not worn outside of the Memorial Day to Labor Day window in temperate climates. For an evening event, a standard black tuxedo should be fine (you could do midnight blue if you prefer). For a daytime event, morning dress may be an option as could a three piece suit. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Again, this is based on a traditional Western understanding of formal dress. I cannot say for certain that there may not be cultural differences in Japan that could render some of this moot.

EdenResident

Reaction score

@EdenResident

I can't comment on anything specific to Japan (if the wedding is going to be held there or you want to ensure that what you wear is culturally appropriate out of respect to her and her family), but cream dinner jackets are generally not worn outside of the Memorial Day to Labor Day window in temperate climates. For an evening event, a standard black tuxedo should be fine (you could do midnight blue if you prefer). For a daytime event, morning dress may be an option as could a three piece suit. Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.

Again, this is based on a traditional Western understanding of formal dress. I cannot say for certain that there may not be cultural differences in Japan that could render some of this moot.

Thanks. The wedding will be in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam so wearing light-colored jacket won't be a problem. I'm just mainly looking for a color and style that matches my bride's kimono.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else make a modern fit, classic details - peak lapel tuxedo besides Ralph Lauren's Anthony?

I am at a total loss here.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, I know it's been covered in the black tie thread, but seeing that wing collar really takes what is otherwise a perfect black tie ensemble and ruins it for me.

But it's otherwise quite excellent, and who cares what a stranger on the internet thinks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads