• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Looks fantastic. Not getting much of an Old Man Logan vibe to it, but it looks like we may be in for something unique here.

Last edited:

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In keeping with my habit of watching shows weeks/months after everyone else does, my wife and I watched the first episode of Westworld last night. It was interesting and thought-provoking in ways I didn't expect. It made me reconsider all those hours I spent playing Skyrim a few years back.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm really enjoying WW much more than I thought I would. Production value is top-notch as expected from a marquee HBO show and the theories people are coming up with are fascinating af

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm really enjoying WW much more than I thought I would. Production value is top-notch as expected from a marquee HBO show and the theories people are coming up with are fascinating af

I was surprised at how much I wound up thinking of it after the fact. I almost want to go back and re-watch it to see what I missed the first time.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Speaking of thinking shows,, Black Mirror is back. I watched the first 2 episodes and found them extremely chilling (if not a bit schlocky). Def not a show for me to binge watch at 4 AM

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I was surprised at how much I wound up thinking of it after the fact. I almost want to go back and re-watch it to see what I missed the first time.

I was waaaay surprised to see they framed the question of robot consciousness around Julian Jaynes's The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind. Earlier, a friend had joked that the book seemed to fit Willem Defoe's Green Goblin character, but it makes perfect sense when considering an android breaking fee of the voices/commands heard from its masters....

If no one's read the book, it's really fascinating. Huge explanatory power, and a very well-written and entertaining history of early civilization even if you don't buy 100% into its premise.

Last edited:

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Looks fantastic. Not getting much of an Old Man Logan vibe to it, but it looks like we may be in for something unique here.

If the movie is half as good as this trailer, I'm gonna like this a lot. If it's like the first two Wolverine movies, I'm gonna be really disappointed.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That Logan trailer was awesome. Kinda looks like The Last of Us.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That Logan trailer was awesome. Kinda looks like The Last of Us. 

It does. I'm getting a lot more of a Last of Us vibe from it then I am the book Old Man Logan.

For instance:

The trailer gives no indication that he has become a pacifist and hasn't popped his claws in years. There wasn't much of a hint that he was tricked into slaughtering the rest of the X-Men either.

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Heard a rumor about Logan that would explain a lot.

Movie takes place in the Days of Future Past timeline. The reason all the mutants are gone is because the Sentinels killed them.

Makes sense and would be easy enough for the audience to grasp. Of course it also doesn't sound a thing like Old Man Logan. Which is fine. I just wish they wouldn't keep invoking the name of that story as an influence if they are not following any of it other then the fact Logan is older.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't Logan have to be ridiculously old in order for him to be Old Man Logan since he's healing factor stops his aging almost? If that's the case then shouldn't Professor X be dead already?

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Wouldn't Logan have to be ridiculously old in order for him to be Old Man Logan since he's healing factor stops his aging almost? If that's the case then shouldn't Professor X be dead already?

It looks like they are being pretty liberal with his aging and using the fact that his healing factor is breaking down to tell the story they want to tell.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If one company held all the movie rights to Marvel, we wouldn't have to deal with all these short-cuts/end arounds/loopholes. We'd have proper CIVIL WAR/OLD MAN LOGAN :(

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

If one company held all the movie rights to Marvel, we wouldn't have to deal with all these short-cuts/end arounds/loopholes. We'd have proper CIVIL WAR/OLD MAN LOGAN :(

You don't want a proper Civil War. That series was trash. The movie had a lot of issues, but was far better then the comics.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics