• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Well that would just add to a long list of things he'd be wrong about.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I fail to see the Star Wars connection above, but I'll keep looking hard for it.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
"Star Wars: Episode VIII, originally scheduled for release on May 26, 2017, will now debut on December 15, 2017. The move follows the extraordinary success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, which was the first Star Wars movie to premiere in December. In the popular holiday moviegoing corridor, it smashed numerous records, including biggest domestic and global debuts of all time as well as the biggest domestic second and third weekends, en route to becoming the highest grossing domestic release of all time with over $861M and the third biggest global release ever with $1.887B."

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mass suicide ensues.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They had to recast after they realized it wasn't going to meet the Koa Maui test, where you have to have a conversation between two female pacific islanders that isn't about canoes.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'd almost rather Disney keep the films in December and make it a new tradition. Let all the other big budget studio films fight it out in Summer.

Lighthouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd almost rather Disney keep the films in December and make it a new tradition. Let all the other big budget studio films fight it out in Summer.

Up to now, releases were always in May. November became the LOTR and Potter release month. December 18 was a good time to catch a movie, as work slows down for most people

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Despecialized? I'll look into this. Is this a reference to the original version?

I'll let him give you the specifics, but I think it is a fanatical fan's restoration, de-stupidfying, re-color balancing and other edits to get the movie to look like the best, most sensible version possible. From what little I have read, it was an insane amount of work. In any event, the result is great.
On the other hand, I am watching his version of ROTJ and inside Jabba's palace is still an awful puppet show. And it will only get worse.

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I find the "despecialized" versions a little distracting, since they're assembled from a bunch of different sources that are in varying degrees of repair. Not that that's unusual for older movies, but it stands out, especially when they're composited into one frame. Like Vader's fuzzy eyebrows, though I think that was fixed (or at least mitigated) in the new despecialized version.

Someone pointed me to a scan of an original reel of the first Star Wars movie, which, although a bit grainy, is more consistent and natural looking. I prefer it. I don't know if there's similar versions out there for the other two movies.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads