• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official: STAR WARS THREAD. These are the droids you're looking for. **WARNING MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Spoilers are not necessary. Why on earth would anybody click on this thread if they hadn't seen the movie yet once it has been released.

gort

Being

A

Dick

As has been said a few times before, the movie is less than a week old. People make mistakes and/or may assume that spoiler tags will be used as a common courtesy towards others. It takes a special kind of laziness to feel that the effort to open spoiled quotes is such a burden that it's worth the possibility to spoil a BRAND NEW film release to others.

This general attitude is selfish, ignorant and disrespectful towards other people.

I'm going to ask you to not be a dick and remove the last part of your post.

Two weeks from the film release is a compromise I agreed too. Even then I feel it's way too soon, but whatever. We can move forward with that since so many of you can't be bothered to click open spoiler tags in a thread.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I prefer Abrams star wars, to me it would be close 4th behind Return of the Jedi and miles ahead all of the news movies with CGI crap. In fact if he came up with something different than Starkiller base it'd have it before ROTJ which was almost ruined by Ewoks. But ROTJ had EPIC Throne Room scene and space battle scene that rocked. But really it was a very good movie that Abrams made imo.

It is good but too much randomness in the story, the random millennium falcon they run into, the lightsaber just being at that bar, the girl jedi developing jedi skills within a span of 30 minutes that took luke 3 films.

I am just saying the above 3 items could be handled better...

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As poorly made as the prequels were they are more interesting than this film.

That's the unfortunate thing - so much effort/money for so much meh.

lefty

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Overall its fun to watch and i'll see it again because it is a beautiful film. But, i prefer Lucas style, he creates a movie and it always leaves you wanting more. It doesn't force you to go see the next one because of a cliffhanger.

Lucas style Star Wars got us the prequels and the re-release of the OT with a bunch of stupid CGI effects.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Overall its fun to watch and i'll see it again because it is a beautiful film. But, i prefer Lucas style, he creates a movie and it always leaves you wanting more. It doesn't force you to go see the next one because of a cliffhanger.

To be fair, ANH had such a complete feeling ending to it because Lucas had no idea if it was going to be successful and he would get a chance to make another. ESB certainly did end in a cliffhanger.

I'd also argue that the end of TFA was no more a cliffhanger then the end of TPM with it's tease of what was to come.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The parallel between whiny ***** Anakin and whiny ***** Kylo seems to be overlooked by a lot of people. Temper tantrum whiny little *****, they are.

Anakin and Rey even have a similarity in that they have a fuckload of force without a lot of formal training. Maybe touching that saber is what triggered her, anyways.

And I'm gonna throw out that Luke's slower development was more essential in that it really had to be used to set up the concept of the force to begin with rather than exhibiting some ingrained degree of difficulty in tapping into it. And Luke was a ***** so it took him longer.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Vader was one of cinema's greatest villains; did anyone feel menace from Ren? Outside of stopping the laser blast was there any badassness? At the very least he should have kept his mask on until the meeting on the catwalk.

That last shot was a TV shot.

lefty

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Spoilers are not necessary. Why on earth would anybody click on this thread if they hadn't seen the movie yet once it has been released.

s

Why would anyone get satisfaction out of deliberately spoiling a movie from someone else? Aside from small penis syndrome, I mean.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also, yes the Order's Captain, I was hoping she would be a screen-stunner.

I suppose that depends on what you are into...unless they do some CGI or actress swapping, this is what she is going to look like when the mask comes off:

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Princess Leia has serious old lady weird voice now. I found it a little distracting how she talks.

Part of a deal I struck with the wife is that I have to watch Parenthood and all I could think about was how much Leia and Han sound like the parents on that show. Old people gonna old.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vader was one of cinema's greatest villains; did anyone feel menace from Ren? Outside of stopping the laser blast was there any badassness? At the very least he should have kept his mask on until the meeting on the catwalk.

That last shot was a TV shot.

lefty

Nope. Ren was basically Hayden Christensen. He did pull of the creep factor when he dueled with Rey but otherwise his helmet being off was a pretty bad idea, IMO. The fact he doesn't even *need* the helmet and has some fake voice modulator exacerbates it.

Last shot was LOLsylvannia. How they gonna just stand there for 30 seconds without saying anything?

Last edited:

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Princess Leia has serious old lady weird voice now. I found it a little distracting how she talks.

That comes with being an older lady. She's 59. Did you expect her to sound the same?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This just in: Guy with part in new movie says movie better than universally reviled old movie

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
FWIW, Snoke can't be Plaguis because they wrote a Plaguis/Palpatine book that, I believe, was released right after Disney retconned the EU. I think it fell past the cutoff, and so was "new canon." Basically Palpatine killed him.

Also, I would rate TFA above RotJ - but not ANH or ESB.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member