• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that seems to be the case, it's just a bit disappointing that the jackets were so different. a little bit of color would have gone a long way. and without researching the brand you would have no idea by just looking at the website. and it was that specific theme that drew me to it, it's so nice. there's a zero percent chance I would have bought the one I received. for a patchwork jacket you would expect a unique piece but something like this probably should have been listed by size, like the other jacket. eh, I'll contact them and see what they say, but it's not like they have another Small available anyway so it's probably up to me to decide whether I still want it or if I should bother to try to return it. I might go try the medium but the small fits me very well

sorry to hijack the thread (though it's been a slow week anyway)

Last edited:

xeraphim

Reaction score
totally understandable; a bit tricky for stores to put such pieces online i suppose (without having to photograph every single one of them). do try the medium when you pop by the store, the jacket looks good worn slightly relaxed as well.

1up

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not much left at the END sale - but a bit interested in the APC Truman blazer - any comments? Looks a bit short?

I have an APC lewis coat and it seems like a similar design/fabric/color (although the lewis is an overcoat)

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score
To the person looking for Indy boots: maybe use the SF discount code for need supply? They're great to work with and have quick shipping. Also, a brick and mortar retailer Sherman Brothers used to give a discount if asked. Haven't heard about them in a while, but I bought 975s from them several years back.

MrPorterBot

Reaction score
totally understandable; a bit tricky for stores to put such pieces online i suppose (without having to photograph every single one of them). do try the medium when you pop by the store, the jacket looks good worn slightly relaxed as well.

For that reason I never buy any Needles Rebuild online

Also, NYC Folks -> Canali Private Sale at Soffier Haskin

MEN’S TAILORED CLOTHING,
SPORTSWEAR & ACCESSORIES

Tuesday, February 7th through Friday, February 10th
Tuesday through Thursday: 9:00am to 7:00pm
Friday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
317 West 33rd Street, NYC

(Just West of 8th Avenue)​

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not everyone's cup of tea, but Purdey has their last round of discounts up to 70% - I just snagged myself a fantastic tweed jacket shipped to the US for ~$170 (down from about $750) which is insane.

For anyone interested in a classic British tweed 3b jacket, check it out here: https://secure.purdey.com/clothing-accessories/mens-classic-sb3-tweed-jacket-jktsb3082.aspx (the link is to the staple cloth, there are some more adventurous options as well)

https://secure.purdey.com/clothing-accessories/sale/

Last edited:

gaseousclay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To the person looking for Indy boots: maybe use the SF discount code for need supply? They're great to work with and have quick shipping. Also, a brick and mortar retailer Sherman Brothers used to give a discount if asked. Haven't heard about them in a while, but I bought 975s from them several years back.

i'm pretty sure Alden is excluded from the SF discount.

long_knives

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

same here about 5-6 yrs ago.

Either way, I just tried it on a pair of Indy's and it didn't work.

Just wait until JCrew accidentally puts them in their sale section at 40% off. That's what I did for both my Indy's and my longwings. :bigstar:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads