• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
yo the coop by you has a good buyer, dior mmm jil dries etc of course not much left now but a few nice jil knits where on the table last week

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mellowfellow
thanks guys. i'd never buy leather shoes from brands like V.E, O.C but for suede it doesn't look too bad. Looks fun for spring/summer.
Agreed. I couldn't bring myself to buy the tan leather brogues, though the general look is up my alley. Also, the designs of brogue leather shoes and boots from VE and even Rachel Comey seem a little... polite for my tastes.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bwonger06
I have a pair of desert boots and the quality of the leather is absolutely atrocious. They have huge creases on them but it would probably help if I shoe treed them.

Oddly enough, though, I get a lot of complements on them despite the creases. Decent shoes for 100-150.

I have the desert boots too but I use shoe trees so the creases aren't excessive and I can also attest the leather isn't great, but for the Gilt price the styling and look is on point with these. Better than Clarks and hoot beater shoes for casual fits. I figured the aren't meant for a business meeting so for casual fits scratches and creases are fine for some character. I can wear them and beat them up without feeling like I need to pamper them so grab them and walk out the door regardless of weather.

I believe they are TTS. I am a EU 41 in most shoes including CPs and own the size 9 and they fit a bit too big so I threw in an insole and they work better. I should have gone with an 8 most likely.

So if you're a 40 in CPs I think 8 is the right choice but you just might need an insole.

jaspar

Reaction score
Barney's 75%? Anyone know when? There are items remarkably still in stock at my local outpost for which I'm holding out for one last reduction...

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaspar
Barney's 75%? Anyone know when? There are items remarkably still in stock at my local outpost for which I'm holding out for one last reduction...
I thought Barneys deepest discount is 60% off before it hits the warehouse sale? Most are discounted at that rate already iirc.

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
Thanks for that - picked up a pair of Quoddy Deck Chukkas.

quoddy's sizing is TTS correct?

i'm 8.5 in red wing GT and clarks DB, but 9 in sneakers and my APC derbies (snugly)

Thebomb85019

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shahanshah
yo the coop by you has a good buyer, dior mmm jil dries etc of course not much left now but a few nice jil knits where on the table last week

Thanks for the heads up. I blew most of my spending cash on the Mcqueens which I swore I would not purchase
ffffuuuu.gif
What was the discount at the time?

slack tide

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaychiz
quoddy's sizing is TTS correct? i'm 8.5 in red wing GT and clarks DB, but 9 in sneakers and my APC derbies (snugly)
I would say the vast majority of Quoddy owners will state they fit TTS. I am an exact US9D and the Quoddy 9 fits me spot on. edit; I am 8.5 in my Red Wing Wabashas

jaychiz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I would say the vast majority of Quoddy owners will state they fit TTS. I am an exact US9D and the Quoddy 9 fits me spot on.

edit; I am 8.5 in my Red Wing Wabashas

alright, now i need to convince myself that i need those ring boots

whatever123

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by slack tide
I would say the vast majority of Quoddy owners will state they fit TTS. I am an exact US9D and the Quoddy 9 fits me spot on.

edit; I am 8.5 in my Red Wing Wabashas

im an 8.5 in quoddy and and 8 in the rw wabashas also jaychiz.

keykoo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Barneys (traditionally) will go up to 80% before shipping stuff off to warehouse sales.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads