• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WW customs is hit or miss. I've been charged once out of 3 orders.

Free shipping at Other Shop if you spend over £100.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Farfetch is good stuff, coming to the door and picking up stuff you want to return for free is pretty great

I am probably 20x more likely to buy from Farfetch/Corner/Yoox/etc because of this. There is so much value in knowing you won't have to flip an item on ebay if it doesn't work out, or even go to the post office.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I am probably 20x more likely to buy from Farfetch/Corner/Yoox/etc because of this. There is so much value in knowing you won't have to flip an item on ebay if it doesn't work out, or even go to the post office.

yeah sometimes return policy is the only thing hold me off from buying. Buying from corner/porter/farfetch if something doesn't work and you can return it.

Even at some stores, they only allow return for store credit but if you buy from farfetch you can return for refund. But store inventory not updated correctly something you see available maybe sold out 2 days ago in store. For a lot stuff farfetch is also cheaper as well.

mer6

Reaction score
Please explain it to me.

It aggregates an online storefront for numerous physical stores around the world. E.g. if you want to purchase something obscure from a participating brick and mortar store in Italy, instead of having to communicate with that store, you just put in the order through Farfetch and they'll get it sent to you. Farfetch incorporates customs in cost as well such that you don't have to deal with that nightmare. I assume Farfetch either takes a cut of products sold or the stores pay Farfetch a fee for their service.

As was mentioned earlier, Farfetch also simplifies returns. You want to return something you just got? You ask Farfetch, and they send someone to pick it up from you. Again, this is way easier than communicating with the original seller of the product. They're not just a standard middleman, they're actually providing benefit to the customer (in the form of making it easier to find, communicate, and buy things from far away places) and benefit to the retailer (in the form of making it easier to sell things in a competitive marketplace, increase exposure, and deal with customers in far away places).

shdws

Reaction score
Yea stores with pickup returns is the bomb.

Tbh I am sure everyone knows this, but it still is always best to know what you are planning to get and it is what you really want and fits (I know this is hard though, especially for myself living in Australia, near impossible to find stores that stock what I want).

Also I am sure some people don't pay that much attention but...

If you buy internationally, you will be charged international exchange rate fees by your bank, roughly 3%? (depends on your bank) and if you plan on returning said item you lose quite a bit in the end...maybe about $100 aud minimum.
This is due to: Initial shipping costs, international bank transaction fees, refund minus initial shipping obviously and minus small amount due to international banking fees once again and or + re stocking fees, also I am not sure but some countries like Italy, you get fked over if you return to there.

Also a long time back I found a clause for duties, Farfetch does not cover duties, so I guess the ones who are getting away with it are lucky.

mer6

Reaction score
If you buy internationally, you will be charged international exchange rate fees by your bank, roughly 3%? (depends on your bank) and if you plan on returning said item you lose quite a bit in the end...maybe about $100 aud minimum.
This is due to: Initial shipping costs, international bank transaction fees, refund minus initial shipping obviously and minus small amount due to international banking fees once again and or + re stocking fees, also I am not sure but some countries like Italy, you get fked over if you return to there.

Also a long time back I found a clause for duties, Farfetch does not cover duties, so I guess the ones who are getting away with it are lucky.

Oh, ****, actually you're definitely right. I misread and thought they covered duties, but I think I've just been lucky, as they do say explicitly on the FAQ that they do not cover them.

Regg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone check out barneys warehouse?

Lots of blue star, 75% off lowest marked price items, great prices if you can find stuff you like in your size.

For everything else, nothing too great that I saw, but I was mainly looking at size small. Lots of suiting in all sizes, lots of James Perse Tshirts that might be good buys towards the end of the sale, I can't imagine they'll sell them all before then.

Shoe selection is very weak, lots of Piattelli (same for sweaters). No good accessories, looked like a lot of Barneys in-house stuff. Some decent button downs, but I'll wait for further markdowns.

Denim, lots of naked and famous + rag and bone, plus a bunch of corduroy. Dress pants are always a mess to look through and it's no different this year.

XL+ people should go pick up a Woolrich parka for $99.

For now it's all about the blue star stuff imo, but I got there about 9:00 this morning and it's probably already picked over

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In-store sale tomorrow at Gentry (up until like last week they called themselves HW Carter & Sons). It will probably be decent, they still had some nice inventory up when their website stopped working last week, with a lot of things still in-store only.

If anyone sees a red mr. freedom chambray in XL, snag it for me!

END OF SEASON CLEARANCE SALE AT GENTRY
ALL SPRING SUMMER CLEARANCE ITEMS WILL BE $100 AND UNDER
August 23 - 28 ONLY

Yes, you read that correctly. To show our appreciation for your support, we are extending an invite to you for our in-store sale. All Spring/Summer items, from Jackets to shoes, will be marked down.
Prices range from $25-$100, on tons of great styles. We look forward to seeing you guys. The sale begins TOMORROW (8/23) and will go on till Wednesday the 28th. Thank you!

CDG: Junya Watanabe
Engineered Garments
Our Legacy
Post Overalls
Nanamica
ts(s)
Hancock
Timothy Everest
Arpenteur
Stone Island
CP Company
Orcival