• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, youโ€™ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
eh looking to buy the CP db in 43 and gitmans in L but sold out in all colours. here's hoping they were sold out before the sale.

Last edited:

Feji

Reaction score
Ended up copping the Beams+ navy wool/cotton blazer from TBS.

Last edited:

NaTionS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better they only had 45s left in the cp derbies.

Those black NS for $74 shipped is a steal if anyone needs a 31 or 33.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Navy or bottle green cardigan... hrmmm.

curzon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has anyone tried ordering to US from MrPorter UK? What happens? Customs for other extra fees?

VAT is deducted, duties added, and shipping is ยฃ30 (for trousers, shirts, sweaters; could be more for heavier items). The end result? You're paying two or three per cent less than UK price and then almost $50 to get it home.

andrewgreg

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

VAT is deducted, duties added, and shipping is ยฃ30 (for trousers, shirts, sweaters; could be more for heavier items). The end result? You're paying two or three per cent less than UK price and then almost $50 to get it home.

Yes. However it's not always the case.

For wool/cotton stuff, after VAT deducted and add import duty, you may pay 2-3% percent lower than UK price or about 1% percent higher than UK price. depends on the material, cotton, nylon, wool, knits or woven.

For leather jacket, after VAT deducted and add import duty, you pay pay about 92% percent of UK price. For some stuff, UK pricing is already lower than US pricing. If you are going to make purchase a 1000 GBP jacket. for same discount UK pricing is cheaper. What you get is far more than the 30 GBP shipping.

For most of credit card companies, you need to pay 3% percent transaction fee, and, US import duty is not refundable.
For example UK price is 1000, after VAT deducted is 900 and import tax is 50. You end up paying 950+30 shipping=980 for the item
If you return, you will only get 900 back and 30 shipping and 50 import duty is non-refundable.
I don't know if you are going to pay extra return shipping.

Last edited:

Feji

Reaction score

Ah so it was you. Had that and the Cardigan and when checking out lost it :fu:

I'll let you know if it doesn't work out. I was on the fence, since I got a PS navy wool blazer from MrP also... but the beams one looks casual, while the PS one is definitely formal.

clausc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Code is not working anymore at TBS. Checked this morning the 50-70 sale, not much left.

Matches has further drops (up to 70%) since last night. Prices similar to Mr. Porter for what I just bought: Acne camel coat and Lanvin high tops.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member