• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man I can't wait to start getting my PS shoe collection going.

I think I like the full brogues and the boots the most, that's what I'll be concentrating on.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1024image1004.jpg
I'm not sure if I am lucky or not but I did save a couple hundred bucks since they didn't have these tan Pablos in my size.
tounge.gif

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
RFX45:

is the fit of the "Cage" similar to the "Rollins"?

they look like they were made on the same last.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cool_hand
RFX45:

is the fit of the "Cage" similar to the "Rollins"?

they look like they were made on the same last.

Yes, very similar fit.

cool_hand

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Yes, very similar fit.

Shame, I found the Rollins a really bad fit across the vamp/tongue area - almost as if they didn't allow enough leather in the design around the eyelets. Didn't work for me at all. Gorgeous colour though, I have the Marcello in the same red.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
zippyh - your shoe Appreciation is always a welcome sight. I am just a piker, with only 5 Paul Smiths. I will post pics of them at some point.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To those who have ordered from the UK site, has any of your orders arrived without notice? I placed my order last week and still haven't received a tracking number or a shipment confirmation. I think I remember GS experiencing a similar situation and didn't get notice until it was being delivered the same day? I am not 100% sure if that is how it went, my memory isn't too sharp at the moment.

Also, has anyone else's card been charged twice? I was already charged in my card (including a foreigners charge fee, damn Chase/Wamu) and now there is another amount very close to the original charge pending. I called my card company and they couldn't tell me much other than it is "Paul Smith LTD." Just curious if anyone else experience something similar and that I shouldn't worry much.

Thanks!

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was wondeirng if the Paul Smith Ricards are still being sold in stores? Im going to New York first week of August and would like to try them on because they look like they would go great with slim jeans.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Argh....

Would kop so much...

My GF loves PS too, this is going to be a recipe for disaster as we blow cash wads every 6 months on sales.

Azure

Reaction score
I just received my Birds. I´m a bit dissapointed with the quality. Used to NDC made by hand.. this PS looks and smell to cement. like the cheap women ones my family used to do in Spain. The leather is very plastic like! and It has a huge FAIL, it has a paul smith tire 2 cm wide just in the middle of the interior heel. Pain when you walk! The heel is very low, I´ll try to put a usual one when I get them used. Thanks God I paid 150 euros sale instead of 228. Sorry no more Paul Smith, there are cheaper and better modern shoes made in Spain right now like Armand Bassi with far more quality. I honestly spected Canali shoe quality here.. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=126224 But I got a kind of made in China cheap copy
cloud.gif
cold[1].gif
Even those bad done Pradas are better done...

spreadcollar

Reaction score
every brand has different quality levels. personally i'd avoid PS dress shoes that are not mainline/collection/etc. from the pictures, those birds aren't of the quality of starrs, ricards, etc. also nothing like those canalis at all.

Originally Posted by Azure
I just received my Birds.

I´m a bit dissapointed with the quality. Used to NDC made by hand.. this PS looks and smell to cement. like the cheap women ones my family used to do in Spain.

The leather is very plastic like! and It has a huge FAIL, it has a paul smith tire 2 cm wide just in the middle of the interior heel. Pain when you walk!

The heel is very low, I´ll try to put a usual one when I get them used.

Thanks God I paid 150 euros sale instead of 228. Sorry no more Paul Smith, there are cheaper and better modern shoes made in Spain right now like Armand Bassi with far more quality.

I honestly spected Canali shoe quality here.. http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=126224 But I got a kind of made in China cheap copy
cloud.gif
cold[1].gif

Even those bad done Pradas are better done...

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
putseller96