• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow they were priced at $8000 each! I feel like you can find nice clean examples for $4500 if you look hard...
And the Victoria’s were also priced pretty darn high.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
V number 2.... still not a real Gibson...

014C8466-DE03-425E-81FA-E842A8D05F68.jpeg

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling a couple of vintage guitars and was considering putting them on Reverb. Does anyone here have any first-hand experience as a seller on Reverb? How did it go? Was it efficient or a PITA?

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about selling a couple of vintage guitars and was considering putting them on Reverb. Does anyone here have any first-hand experience as a seller on Reverb? How did it go? Was it efficient or a PITA?

It’s pretty perfect for Albert King, but I don’t plan on restringing upside down!

I’ve sold a bunch of guitars on Reverb, and it’s been pretty painless. You may get some low ball offers (it’s really a buyer’s market on Reverb) but it’s very easy to put things up and track how many views and watchers you have, and answer questions people have. Definitely easier than eBay. What are you selling?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s pretty perfect for Albert King, but I don’t plan on restringing upside down!

I’ve sold a bunch of guitars on Reverb, and it’s been pretty painless. You may get some low ball offers (it’s really a buyer’s market on Reverb) but it’s very easy to put things up and track how many views and watchers you have, and answer questions people have. Definitely easier than eBay. What are you selling?

Just sent you pics by DM. Let me know if you are interested in either guitar.

I saw Albert King perform in the late 70's in SF in a small club when he was still healthy and killin' it. He smoked a multicolored pipe while he wailed on his (non Gibson) Flying V and sang. Great show.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
So I've decided I'm going to drop some Seymour Duncan Hot Rails into my beloved Tele. I plan to get them to wired up to split coils so I can still get something of the single coil sound.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I've decided I'm going to drop some Seymour Duncan Hot Rails into my beloved Tele. I plan to get them to wired up to split coils so I can still get something of the single coil sound.

Have you considered keeping the bridge standard and just replacing the neck PU?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Have you considered keeping the bridge standard and just replacing the neck PU?

For sure thinking about that as the clean from the bridge is just so nice. Think I'll be happy doing high gain metal/rock with just the neck changed out? Think of everything from Cinnamon Girl to Five Finger Death Punch.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure thinking about that as the clean from the bridge is just so nice. Think I'll be happy doing high gain metal/rock with just the neck changed out? Think of everything from Cinnamon Girl to Five Finger Death Punch.

If your goal is high gain/metal then yeah, go for a full set switch of more powerful PU's. But, won't you miss that sweet authentic Tele tone? I would just buy another Tele and hot rod it. The difference is like a delicate Filet and Texas BBQ. I like both and one isn't the other :)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
If your goal is high gain/metal then yeah, go for a full set switch of more powerful PU's. But, won't you miss that sweet authentic Tele tone? I would just buy another Tele and hot rod it. The difference is like a delicate Filet and Texas BBQ. I like both and one isn't the other :)

I'm going to keep the stock pups so I can always move back but leaning towards just doing both. My listening is 95% really chill stuff but anything I play is usually pretty heavy. I am being strong in keeping things at one guitar and one bass, but since what I really want to play is harder, I figure I'll just play it on my Tele.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to keep the stock pups so I can always move back but leaning towards just doing both. My listening is 95% really chill stuff but anything I play is usually pretty heavy. I am being strong in keeping things at one guitar and one bass, but since what I really want to play is harder, I figure I'll just play it on my Tele.

Wait, did you say "keeping things to one guitar"????

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics