• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
There's a cool looking vintage Frankenstrat for under 10k at Southside guitars in Bklyn- 57 body, pickups and electronics 63 (I think) neck. Fiesta red (maybe a refin?). Looks really cool.

Fiesta Red is my favorite color, and that guitar looks great. hardtail
ffffuuuu.gif

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Fiesta Red is my favorite color, and that guitar looks great. hardtail
ffffuuuu.gif

Didn't notice the hardtail, but I personally hate Strat trems, I even prefer Bigsbys. Maybe I've just had bad experiences.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received the '66 Jag I bought online. WOW. perfect neck, pickups sound great, switching makes more sense than most believe, trem works great. Will switch out for a Mastery Bridge soon but man it is perfect.

origenesprit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by origenesprit
Just received the '66 Jag I bought online. WOW. perfect neck, pickups sound great, switching makes more sense than most believe, trem works great. Will switch out for a Mastery Bridge soon but man it is perfect.

Might actually keep the original bridge- seems to stay in tune well and actually has a lot of sustain!

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by guitarpkr76
I swapped the original bridge from my Jazzmaster for one of these (http://www.warmoth.com/%2FModified-M...rome-P616.aspx) until I can afford a Mastery. This one seems to be working pretty well though so I'm not sure.

just did the same thing with my 62 reissue. I was really torn about buying a new one vs a vintage one. I went with a new one because all the la places are so ******* expensive. until I saw a 66 with block inlays today in HB for 4000. man.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
current rig
5799174082_55226ccb76_z.jpg
highway one strat with lace pickups like corgan era siamese dream, 81 gibson sonex custom (thinking about selling), 99 sg special with old sonex zebra dirty fingers pickup in the bridge.. high school grad gift from my parents (has toured the country), 76 gibson marauder custom (finally playable! superchunk ftw) and recent acquisition 62 american reissue jazzmaster with mustang bridge. Until I can get a les paul custom, I'm sitting tight for a bit. practice amp is a blues jr with celestion greenbacks and accutone reverb tank. my 1969 twin is just too heavy to play these days without a band. random pedals, really loving my diamond overdrive and shredmaster these days!

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Any bass players in here?

This is my current main squeeze:

P1010694.jpg

It's a fretless '69 Guild Starfire that's seen a lot of modifications. I'm looking to trade an old Warwick Corvette in for a vintage Hagstrom 1 bass this summer.

Also, I play a MarkBass Little Mark II head and a Schroeder 112 cab.

jarude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have an interest in an original Big Muff Pi pedal? Old as ****, still works, 100% awesome.

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by pistolero
Where are the bass players?

- 1961 Fender P-Bass w/ 1962 Jazz neck
- 1968 Fender Jazz Bass
- 1965 Guild Starfire bass
- 1975 Ibanez "Black Eagle" bass
- 1977 Ibanez "Black Eagle" bass
- 1978 Ibanez Silver Series P bass copy
- 1998 Danelectro longhorn bass
- 1999 G&L L-2000 custom silver sparkle
- 2007 Fender Hwy One P-Bass (the current workhorse)

Amps are early-90s SVT classic, GK 800rb, mid-60s Ampeg B-15 fliptop, various cabinets

Got a bunch of guitars too.

Right here. I actually don't currently and have never played guitar, but I've been playing bass for 8 years.

I have a 1969 Guild Starfire fretless w/f 4 Bart j's, a badass bridge and some other mods (pictured above) and a Warwick Corvette Standard 4. I'm looking to trade the Warwick for a Hagstrom 1 bass this summer.

What's your starfire look like? Does it have the bi-sonics I assume?

roryben

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks. Is that a custom shop 1960? If so, I got one of those. Love it.

Can I have it? Please?

biggrin.gif

(this is a Sonic Blue 1963 custom)

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
Thanks. Is that a custom shop 1960? If so, I got one of those. Love it.

Nope, a bit different. Either a '63 or '64 custom color. But I agree the CS does make some great guitars, my current favorite is a CS '60 Tele Custom Relic I've had for years.

edit: somebody mentioned it's a '63 sonic blue

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by roryben
Can I have it? Please?

biggrin.gif

(this is a Sonic Blue 1963 custom)

Cool. Sonic Blue was actually my second choice. Here's mine below (which is a CS1960). Unfortunately I don't think I'd ever even sell this one, it feels so right and has become my favorite. It's supposed to go to the shop to have the setup tweaked--the shop manager keeps calling to ask when he can come get it, and I keep putting it off because I don't want to be without it for a couple of days.
smile.gif

5812174664_767f1a6590_z.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members