• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The it's-fiction-so-who-cares-if-it-makes-sense argument is infuriating, as usual.

That you would simply call this fiction and essentially lumping it together with every TV show that is not a documentary proves what a clown you are.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well now that we're complaining about realism I never liked how the Lannister Kingsguard pronounces his name "Jamie" and spells it "Jaime". Jaime is "Hay-meh"

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Actually now that you mention it, it does seem pretty bogus how the Riders of Rohan got the drop on the Nazgul at the Battle of Pellenor Fields. Those idiots were actually flying around on giant lizards and they missed a massive army of horseman riding up to the battlefield?

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Actually now that you mention it, it does seem pretty bogus how the Riders of Rohan got the drop on the Nazgul at the Battle of Pellenor Fields. Those idiots were actually flying around on giant lizards and they missed a massive army of horseman riding up to the battlefield?

good point, havent thought about that :)

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
People in that realm seem to lose their minds when mounted on flying beasts. Like Thorin's party should have flown the ******* eagles all the way to the dwarf kingdom

Last edited:

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I don't remember what was in the movie, but Tolkien described at length how they were able to do it by sneaking through a forest, at night, down a hidden path that no one knew about but the locals.

That you would simply call this fiction and essentially lumping it together with every TV show that is not a documentary proves what a clown you are.

The point I was making is that fantasy is just like every other kind of fiction in that it needs to be internally consistent to be convincing -- except to really stupid people, and that might be a bigger part of the show's audience than I'd thought, if this thread is any indication.

AldenPyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't remember what was in the movie, but Tolkien described at length how they were able to do it by sneaking through a forest, at night, down a hidden path that no one knew about but the locals.

Probably, the Knights of the Vale took a similarly convenient path. I look forward to reading about it in some future book.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The show definitely is no where as good as the first season which I thought was very balanced. But running to this thread to ***** and moan after every episode is tiresome.

wojt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sort of agree with Joffrey, the show feels cheap and dumbed down compared compared to seasons 1-4, it is still by far best sci-fi/fantasy show out there

anyway last episode was very solid, looking forward to R+L=J stuff in next episode :)

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads