• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So is theon being reek just a TV show thing?

Good episode tonight.

Reek is Reek, then someone else is Reek, then someone else is Reek. Reek might not have been Reek to begin with. Reek is s title, like King of the First Men, and the Andals, and Rhyonar (oh yeah, them too - like the Dornish)… as Robert says, "Titles, Titles, Titles."

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was really bothered that Theon's sister didn't just ******* kill the dude who tortured Theon. He was practically unarmed and she gave him the several seconds he needed to unleash those dogs?

Sloppy.

I was really hoping for justice. Instead I got disappoint.

Last edited:

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The trial was great. Hardly deviated, if at all, from the book. The book is great. The show is great when it's close to the book. Even filing in small gaps can be great like the Cersei and Robert scenes in season 1. But the replacement plots have all sucked.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was really bothered that Theon's sister didn't just ******* kill the dude who tortured Theon. He was practically unarmed and she gave him the several seconds he needed to unleash those dogs?

Sloppy.

I was really hoping for justice. Instead I got disappoint.

That was total B-action movie cliche. Like when the gang of bad guys decide to fight Bruce Lee one at a time instead of swarming his ass.

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plausible deniability.

Exactly. It's like that episode of Chips where there were twin brothers in a biker gang, and one was on trial for murder. The other one shaved his head and beard so they would look more identical, and created enough doubt about the killer's identify for his brother to get off.

No proof beyond a reasonable doubt that it was in stitches or loose stitches using the account, they both skate.

You owe me $850 for that legal opinion.

****, that's worth $850? Remind me to raise my rates.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

About 1/4 through book 2 now. Confused, though. They are talking about Ramsay Snow having Reek, but in the book, Theon has only just arrived at his Father's and hasn't done any of the stuff that got him placed in Ramsay's grasp yet.

In the book, Ramsay has a previous reek.
Then Ramsay is being hunted down and dresses up as reek and lets reek be taken in his place. Thus he ends up in the Stark's dungeons (as reek). When Theon takes Winterfell, He and Ramsay (as reek) become close and Ramsay is with him when they kill the two random boys and burn them as the stark kids (starting to sound like Ramsay?). He is revealed when he goes to get Bolton men to "help" defend Winterfell, but basically he takes it for himself, burns it, and gets a new reek. You don't actually see any of the development of the new reek--that is all made up on the show.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Wasted too much screen time on the trial and the lame Theon rescue attempt.

SchwererGustav

Reaction score
How was Pycelle able to have Sansa's necklace and know about the whole plot to poison Joffrey? I'm guessing Littlefinger, but why? He's already playing against the Lannisters, and crushed Sansa's necklace at his boat-hideout. Cersei was going to make sure Tyrion was framed no matter what, so why add the "truth" and supply a duplicate necklace?

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

That was total B-action movie cliche. Like when the gang of bad guys decide to fight Bruce Lee one at a time instead of swarming his ass.

Yep. The whole scene was just not executed very well. They built it up to be a massive raid, as if supreme justice and vengeance was going to be achieved. Only like 6 ******* soldiers stormed the place.

I was really, really hoping Ramsay was going to get it.

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Despite the lame way the "rescue" played out, it did lead to a deliciously fucked-up scene of Ramsey giving Theon a bath.

I thought the scene at the Iron Bank was well done, as well as the son of the man who was crucified. The brief dialogue of Tyrion and Varys was good also.

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How was Pycelle able to have Sansa's necklace and know about the whole plot to poison Joffrey? I'm guessing Littlefinger, but why? He's already playing against the Lannisters, and crushed Sansa's necklace at his boat-hideout. Cersei was going to make sure Tyrion was framed no matter what, so why add the "truth" and supply a duplicate necklace?

LF also threw the necklace down to the Fools peddle boat. Guess Pycelle found or was informed of the boat.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zeeandthelostboys