• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
interesting. unless martin is indeed delusional, he needs to get cracking on finishing some more books.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't believe the part where he seriously thought he would be done before the series catches up. Unless TWoW is coming out next year, and ADoS 3 years after that, there is no way.

dlm4114

Reaction score
Yeah... As it stands now, I think GRRM is on a collision course with the show that could get kinda ugly

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, I couldn't believe the part where he seriously thought he would be done before the series catches up. Unless TWoW is coming out next year, and ADoS 3 years after that, there is no way.

my thoughts exactly.

maybe he will just have the manuscripts handed over to a lawyer and stored away, so if he drops dead of a heart attack, his wiki fans can publish the books and HBO can finish the show.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% the show goes on and finishes up before he does. I think TWoW will come out right alongside the TV season that covers it, and that they will go on to finish the TV series the next season, with ADoS coming out 4 or so years later.

dlm4114

Reaction score

my thoughts exactly.

maybe he will just have the manuscripts handed over to a lawyer and stored away, so if he drops dead of a heart attack, his wiki fans can publish the books and HBO can finish the show.

Have you read about how he's already gone over the broad outline of the rest of the series with the showrunners? I think that's the situation that could get ugly, if the show starts threatening/actually putting out original material ahead of gurm

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that's covered in the licensing of the books, so I doubt there is any threatening to be done, but it's certainly not an ideal situation. Unfortunately, GRRM's disbelief aside, I can't see a reality in which it doesn't happen. I'm sure there will end up being some differences between the show and book, but there already are, and what else are they going to do?

dlm4114

Reaction score
I'm curious as to how they addressed unpublished material in the licensing agreement, just because it seems like they're not on the same page. Martin seems like he wants the show to do a prequel year or a hiatus, which I highly doubt they'll do. Without attributing fault to anyone, I would be disappointed if the show jumped ahead of the books... Until then I guess I'll just hold out hope that he can rediscover his ASOS pace (<2 years after AFFC)

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have to think that once they catch up they cant stop the show and they will finish it as they see fit. weather or not it is based on the book or not is all that remains to be seen. and as long as GRRM doesnt say anything, no one will really know.

i wonder why he feels the need to make the story so broad though. is it to milk it or is it because he just has so much *********** brain and he just needs to get it out?

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, no way they do anything other than go straight on and finish it. Like they said, at the least, the kids will age too much, at the worst, they can't get the cast back together and have to recast.

GRRM either needs to write like a madman or accept that the show will pass him and do what he can to help them.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't think the show will pass the books for three reasons:
  1. it's a money maker for HBO and they a lot of incentive to milk it
  2. there's a lot of material in the next 3.5 books to milk
  3. Martin has real incentive to get those books written

The ***** in stringing the show our for another 5 years will be fatigue. It has to be exhausting to produce.

lefty

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Martin's delusional. He's always been utterly unrealistic about predicting his progress and meeting any sort of deadline. He won't finish before the show, which will lead to the ugly conflict everyone says they don't want. And in the end, HBO will finish it, either with or without Martin's participation. The costs of waiting for him are way, way too high.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Just as long as we don't have a Robert Jordan situation I could care less about what happens w/ the HBO show.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
He's set up a lot of characters to die or become lesser value soon. So, once he untangles that knot he can begin telling the story from fewer perspectives again, rather than spinning out new narrators. That's one side of the world - and then those people have to die or travel to the side of the world we actually care about. It's going to be a long journey unless he does a time jump. BAsed upon the previous chapters that's unlikely.

I say 2015 for AWoW; 2019/20 for ADoS. I think about 1/4 of AWoW was already drafted when ADwD was published. He pulled a lot of stuff out of the final to shorten the book. That's pretty much everything that's been put out or read at cons.
Two Arienne chapters in Westeros, both traveling to JonCon/(f)Aegon; a Tyrion chapter, a Vic chapter, and two Ser Barristan chapters all converging on the battle of Meereen. When done, I imagine that we'll lose Vic and Ser Barristan as narrators whether dead or not. And, the Theon chapter in the North. I think his big nut to crack is the battle of Winterfell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads