• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly, maybe even these Trickers boot

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
That is the second NorCal reference in recent weeks that I just flat don't get. I suppose it must be a reference to my username?

Anyway, just post in the book thread if you want to talk about the books, it's not rocket science. and you won't find good discussion about the books in this thread anyway b/c most have not read them.

That was it, just trying to be funny, perhaps failing. Nothing untowards meant. I referred to you, since, IIRC, you created the other thread and was Major Buzzkill. I enjoy your (other) posting, so no offense, I hope.

Don Carlos

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Are we starting this spoiler **** again? Its like the True Blood thread all over again. Look people, if you don't want to know what's going on with the current episode, don't ******* click this thread until you've watched it. Simple. Tells the story.
This basically is the True Blood thread all over again. And it's not about spoiling the current episode of the show; it's about spoiling **** that hasn't happened on the show yet (via posting book spoilers) on a thread clearly dedicated to the TV show and not the books. As always, the guidance is pretty clear: don't post book spoilers on a TV thread. Why people have to get confused or defiant or aggro about it is a mystery to me. Folks just shouldn't do it. It's pretty simple, really. (Or at least you'd think it would be).

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Since I don't want to threadshit; I'll try and make this my last post on the subject. If one reads Brians last posts to which you referred as being the gospel for this thread as well as being crystall clear, it's clear that posting on the last episode needs no spoiler tag. Why would it be reasonable to wait a couple of days, but not a couple of weeks before posting on the subject? I'm not the guy shouting scores of last night's game in the street, I'm the guy who taped the game and put's video in a box with 'Don't watch!' scrawled over it. Anyway I expect to be informed, annoyed, excited or grossed out when viewing something with spoiler tags. And I have been sorry for following links or looking at pictures. For instance, remembering the picture of the tree man or something still makes me a bit sad. Don't google it if such things affect you. But and also, it's not that important.
fuckin a dude for real? brian's post before the one you misconstrued clearly says that spoiler tags are for the latest episode. if you take the post you misconstrued in context it would mean that you're allowed to talk about the latest episode at all in this thread, but just wrap that **** for the latest episode virgins. what the **** is so hard about not talking about the book in the tv thread? ppl dont want to hear about how you read ahead and found out that **** i wrote in the spoiler tag in my previous post. do you understand what the word courtesy means? it's not that fuckin hard to wrap the latest episode comments in a ******* spoiler tag. you press the
ffffuuuu.gif
button. type your **** in there. press submit reply. if you dont you're either lazy ass motherfucker or a ******* dickbag. ----- resuming discussion. i got my girl hooked on the show. she cried on the ending of episode 9

Brian SD

Reaction score
Pretty much what you said, indesertum and Don Carlos, but I wouldn't have put it so scathingly.
smile.gif
Good example: WOW!!! EPISODE 8 was badass!!! ooomgg
you shouldn't be afraid to click this spoiler if you've seen episode 8 because it should have 0 relation to the book. if you haven't seen the latest episode but you're clicking spoilers (and even venturing in would be dangerous I'd think), then you deserve to have that bit ruined
Bad example: WOW <character> is a badass. Episode <#> is the ****. I'm loving this show!
Too bad he has to die later on, probably the end of season 2. <------- I haven't read the books but I've watched the latest episode. I shouldn't be spoiled by clicking this button. There's a thread for the books!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If all this hoopla is because of my book "spoilers" plz note I have only read the first book and compared what's in the book to what has been in episodes that have already aired. I have not read past book 1 so I haven't, and cannot spoil.

Anyway, no need for future warnings or explanations for my benefit, I've already shot my wad and really have nothing else to say about this show/book
smile.gif

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
Pretty much what you said, indesertum and Don Carlos, but I wouldn't have put it so scathingly.
smile.gif

Good example:

WOW!!! EPISODE 8 was badass!!! ooomgg
you shouldn't be afraid to click this spoiler if you've seen episode 8 because it should have 0 relation to the book. if you haven't seen the latest episode but you're clicking spoilers (and even venturing in would be dangerous I'd think), then you deserve to have that bit ruined

Bad example:

WOW <character> is a badass. Episode <#> is the ****. I'm loving this show!
Too bad he has to die later on, probably the end of season 2. <------- I haven't read the books but I've watched the latest episode. I shouldn't be spoiled by clicking this button. There's a thread for the books!

Would the following addendum be correct?
What was an okay ish example but don't do it now that we have the book thread:
Wow, X was badass. For those that have read book 3:
something something I mentioned that it was in book 3 right?

Or is that verboten and do I need to merkur those posts?

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Jesus Christ you people are marsupialed.

The best thing would be go find an IRC server and set up a spoiler chat room.
smile.gif

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kajak
Would the following addendum be correct?
What was an okay ish example but don't do it now that we have the book thread:
Wow, X was badass. For those that have read book 3:
something something I mentioned that it was in book 3 right?

Or is that verboten and do I need to merkur those posts?

No, that would not be OK.

NOTHING!!!!!! That references the books AT ALL IN ANY WAY goes in this thread.

***** sake man. This is not complicated.

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, that would not be OK. NOTHING!!!!!! That references the books AT ALL IN ANY WAY goes in this thread. ***** sake man. This is not complicated.
Now we know this is not true, Norcal. You just referred to the books.
confused.gif
It's more complicated than you realise.
relax, man. It's just books..., I mean a show.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If there are any other fantasy buffs in here, holla if you're into Fred Saberhagen

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CDFS
Now we know this is not true, Norcal. You just referred to the books.
confused.gif
It's more complicated than you realise.

relax, man. It's just books..., I mean a show.

Honestly man I don't give a **** about spoilers. I've read the books and nothing will be spoiled for me.
I'm just dumbfounded that this is so hard for people. How do you all manage to wipe your ass much less log onto a computer?

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Honestly man I don't give a **** about spoilers. I've read the books and nothing will be spoiled for me.
I'm just dumbfounded that this is so hard for people. How do you all manage to wipe your ass much less log onto a computer?

Nah man, its just that I've already made posts w/ spoiler tagged book ****, should i merkur that **** or leave it be?

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by javyn
iPhone
Just don't wipe your ass with you iphone. Actually, germane to nothing, I once lost an Ipod down the toilet. To Kajak, it might be nice to do.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoreyHalye