• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Events and PSA thread

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

There are several pairs of Florsheim by Duckie Brown brogues and saddles at the Brooks Brothers Outlet in Leesburg, Virginia. They're on clearance for $249 + addt'l 70% off... all in all they come out to a cool $78 with tax. They are way comfortable.
:slayer:
Get 'em before they're gone!

Just called and talked to a SA named Paulo. Should arrive in 3-4 days. Hope I ordered the right style... based on what he stated, it sounds like the ones in your pic. Do you know the style number of that particular shoe najpie?

AnGeLiCbOrIs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair. I seem to remember that they run a half size large. Anyone else try them on recently?

I ordered them from Woodbury Commons for the same price. Shipping was about $9.

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There are several pairs of Florsheim by Duckie Brown brogues and saddles at the Brooks Brothers Outlet in Leesburg, Virginia. They're on clearance for $249 + addt'l 70% off... all in all they come out to a cool $78 with tax. They are way comfortable.

I can't tell, but what kind of leather is that? Is that a really dark smooth leather or is it a nubuck?

Imhoff

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

19501-200.

Perfect, I called and confirmed, that is indeed that pair I ordered.

I just ordered a pair. I seem to remember that they run a half size large. Anyone else try them on recently?
I ordered them from Woodbury Commons for the same price. Shipping was about $9.

I hope they run true to size. I just ordered a pair of 11s. najpie, are they true to size for your feet?

najpie

Reaction score
They seem to run TTS. I wonder if these were mislabeled as 'broken-in' and/or 'distressed'-- nothing about them seems distressed. For reference, here's what Florsheim by DB is calling "distressed" in the newer line: http://www.florsheim.com/shop/duckiebrownDetail.html?styleCode=19026

Not sure what kind of leather they are, I'm no expert on these things...but it's definitely not nubuck.

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is this the only color available?

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They seem to run TTS. I wonder if these were mislabeled as 'broken-in' and/or 'distressed'-- nothing about them seems distressed. For reference, here's what Florsheim by DB is calling "distressed" in the newer line: http://www.florsheim.com/shop/duckiebrownDetail.html?styleCode=19026
Not sure what kind of leather they are, I'm no expert on these things...but it's definitely not nubuck.

I think Brooks might adjust the listed size to make it TTS. Notice that these are officially branded as "for Brooks Brothers" (see on the heel insole). But I know who would know for sure... paging Namor....

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Brooks might adjust the listed size to make it TTS. Notice that these are officially branded as "for Brooks Brothers" (see on the heel insole). But I know who would know for sure... paging Namor....

I think Namor said they were all .5 size big but the BB build was way better. Tempted but with all the horror stories I didn't order.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think Namor said they were all .5 size big but the BB build was way better. Tempted but with all the horror stories I didn't order.

Brooks Brothers is very good about returns. You'd have to pay for shipping, but at least wouldn't be a total disaster.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads