• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official APRIL IN PARIS (custom leather artisan) Thread: Feedback, Pics, Reviews

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just wanted to bump the thread. After seeing some absolutely beautiful rucksacks in Hermes' SS13 collection (price more than a good used Prius), I'm thinking of commissioning Bea again for a custom bag made to my specs.

Anybody in the market for a superlative bag in the $3-5k range with the time/interest/willingness to go bespoke should contact her and chat. My bespoke tote is holding up very well and even better now broken in than when new. I simply can't imagine why somebody would buy a Tom Ford/Hermes/Louis Vuitton seasonal bag in the $3k+ range without first chatting with Bea. She's a joy to work with, does great work, and will give you EXACTLY the bag you want.

Go for it.

ps the bag I'm thinking about is a personal/bespoke tweak on the following:

ever had this made?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Any idea when?

It's on hiatus at the moment. One interesting and surprising fact about getting married is that suddenly you have another person with VETO power over financial decisions. Apparently it was decreed that renovating the kitchen last fall was of a higher priority than another bespoke bag for me. :lol:

Last edited:

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's on hiatus at the moment. One interesting and surprising fact about getting married is that suddenly you have another person with VETO power over financial decisions. Apparently it was decreed that renovating the kitchen last fall was of a higher priority than another bespoke bag for me. :lol:

Agree and know the feeling well. Best regards! :)

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There's a sale currently running for 20% off in stock items. Applies to sale section as well.

Last edited:

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just curious if anybody has bought or commissioned anything from Bea lately? Unfortunately I haven't, though I always have a few "wishlist" bags in mind. :)

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Just curious if anybody has bought or commissioned anything from Bea lately? Unfortunately I haven't, though I always have a few "wishlist" bags in mind. :)

I recently bought one of the ready-made eyewear sleeves and didn't realize it was machine stitched. Beatrice kindly let me return it for a refund.

I was going to order one of her custom eyewear sleeves, to be handstitched, but I recently found out that Beatrice doesn't hand stitch anything anymore. It's all done by her employees, who are all former students. Each person has to go through at least one year of her school in order to be allowed in the workshop. Although, while Beatrice used to teach her one-through-four level courses, levels one-through-three are now taught by her graduate students.

The leathers she uses are very nice. Was just kind of disappointed to learn that Beatrice herself no longer actually makes these items. It sounds like she's going into a more managerial role.

I'm told they still maintain high standards, but it sounds like a different operation at this point.

Last edited:

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I recently bought one of the ready-made eyewear sleeves and didn't realize it was machine stitched. Beatrice kindly let me return it for a refund.

I was going to order one of her custom eyewear sleeves, to be handstitched, but I recently found out that Beatrice doesn't hand stitch anything anymore. It's all done by her employees, who are all former students. Each person has to go through at least one year of her school in order to be allowed in the workshop. Although, while Beatrice used to teach her one-through-four level courses, levels one-through-three are now taught by her graduate students.

The leathers she uses are very nice. Was just kind of disappointed to learn that Beatrice herself no longer actually makes these items. It sounds like she's going into a more managerial role.

I'm told they still maintain high standards, but it sounds like a different operation at this point.

Wow, thanks for that updated information. I have to admit that IS rather disappointing. Much (if not most) of the fun was working directly with her, getting her insights and ideas, and her own personal touches here and there.

Oh well! While I'm sad to hear this, I'm glad that she will be passing on her knowledge and talents to another generation.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads