• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Espresso Burfords
2018-03-01_15-01-11_896.jpeg

Kiwijohn

Reaction score
Hi,
I wear 8UK for 4444 last, would 8UK for 4897S be fine with me?

TIA
Hi,
I wear 8UK for 4444 last, would 8UK for 4897S be fine with me?

TIA
2017-12-14_01.39.20.jpg

I dithered for a few days but finally had to buy the 1001 stows from the outlet. Stow is the classic Trickers IMO and, whilst acorn is probably the classic colour for them, I prefer the less orange 1001. Had several Stows in the past but offloaded them when I discovered that a half size down suited me better.

Anway my question is.... I dithered on these due to the welt but bought them anyway. I would like to get the welt stained down to the reddy-brown colour found on the stock Acorn boot. Is this easy and does anyone have experience of it?
These might be my next pair. Lovely looking boot, but alas no more size 9 from the Outlet. Do these 1001s get restocked from time to time?.

Stillmaticbeat

Reaction score
I was at Graham Fowler NYC and they said they will be closing at some point in the future...unknown time...its a cool store. Doubt they have much sales.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Quick question for you guys. I just received a pair of suede cap toe boots from Tricker's and I'd like your opinion on whether to request a replacement. There are a couple of relatively large scratches in the suede on the cap toe of the left boot (they don't brush out) and two cuts in the lining at the ankle on the inside of the left boot. Also, a couple of more minor issues, including a tongue that's oddly folded/creased and a small spot of what looks like edge dressing on the suede. I'm surprised because my other pairs of Tricker's have been literally flawless, even when purchased from the outlet. In your opinion, are my new boots consistent with first-quality Tricker's boots? Will the cuts in the lining get worse? Thank you!

IMG_6941.jpg IMG_6939.jpg IMG_6942.jpg IMG_6940.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
If the scratches don't brush out, that would bug me. I'd be tempted to return.
The tongue and lining wouldn't but me at all.
Unsure about the spot.

biglmbass

Reaction score
^ Is that the New Brown Castorino suede? What does the circled A indicate, as written on the interior lining? I've never seen that before. I was considering these a bit ago. I thought they were unlined? Maybe they are, can't tell with certainty from your pics. My guess is the minor cuts in the lining won't get worse and the tiny fold in the tongue will flatten out just fine upon wearing them. As to the scuff where the nap is missing (quite a fine nap, by the way) that might bother me for a brand new factory first quality boot. Is that they only place that's scuffed & missing the nap? The scuffs/scratches on the toe cap I could probably live with. Have you tried brushing them out?

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Thanks, guys. Yes, this is the New Brown Castorino suede. Overall, they're really beautiful boots and they fit perfectly. I really don't want to go through the hassle of returning, but I'm a little let down. The pictured spot is the only place where the nap is missing. I've tried brushing the scratches and spot and they're not budging. Re: the lining -- these are the model on Dainite and are fully lined. I think that the leather soled versions may be unlined, although I'm not sure about that. I noticed the circled A, too -- not sure what that means, but it's on both boots. I've never seen it on my other Tricker's. I did a quick search and there were one or two people asking about the meaning of the circled A in this thread, but I didn't see any answers...

biglmbass

Reaction score
Re: the lining -- these are the model on Dainite and are fully lined. I think that the leather soled versions may be unlined, although I'm not sure about that..

Thought yours might be on Dainite. The leather soled ones are what I was considering at the Outlet. Not sure what you tell you. If it continued to bother me, I'd reach out to Tricker's via email & send them the pics and outline your concerns.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads