• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

gr789

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might find a pair of black or navy monkey boots?

Something like one of these... the waxed flesh
inlove.gif

Sometimes Grahame Fowler in NYC has some monkey boots although I don't see any on their website currently www.grahamefowler.com. Maybe a phone call to them might get some luck? I really like that photo of those waxy black boots there! Where is that from?

princealbert

Reaction score
Does anyone know what last the Richard long wings in the End sale are on? In the past I have seen this model on the 4444, the w2298 and the 81 but End don't seem to comment on the last.

princealbert

Reaction score
Anyone know where I might find a pair of black or navy monkey boots?

Something like one of these... the waxed flesh
inlove.gif

And I may have answered my own question with the last photo, but I've never shopped Rakuten and don't speak Japanese... can anyone help on either front?
http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/z-craft/item/1631-0006/?s-id=borderless_recommend_item_en
The RETricker eBay site were selling some monkey boots earlier this month. Might be worth shooting them an email to see if they have any more in stock.

A word of caution if you are buying direct from Japan. Trickers change their sizing for some Japanese retail outlets, so for example boots might be marked as a UK 8 but are in fact a UK 7.5. Sounds crazy I know, but it definitely happens.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I sent a not to ReTricker and checked out the Grahame Fowler site. Nothing yet, but I'll keep poking around.

By the time I checked on the Rakuten sale everything was gone but thanks for the heads up on sizing.

The waxed flesh boots (possibly my favorite monkey make-up, from what I've seen so far!) came from another Rakuten sale: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mavazi/item/trickers_001/

Thanks again, guys. I'll report back if I'm able to find anything...

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
My Chestnut cap-toe boots from the END sale have arrived!

Absolutely love them! Turns out I love the natural welt too even though I wasn't sure of it when browsing. They also chucked in some yellow laces which I might put on at a later point.

I think I like these even more than the chocolate brown Stows I got a couple of weeks ago.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@EnglishShoes very nice. Thanks for sharing the pics. I didnt have a chance to comment on the stows but they are some of my favorites so far that i have seen.

enjoy them both!

princealbert

Reaction score
Thanks for all the suggestions, guys. I sent a not to ReTricker and checked out the Grahame Fowler site. Nothing yet, but I'll keep poking around.

By the time I checked on the Rakuten sale everything was gone but thanks for the heads up on sizing.

The waxed flesh boots (possibly my favorite monkey make-up, from what I've seen so far!) came from another Rakuten sale: http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/mavazi/item/trickers_001/

Thanks again, guys. I'll report back if I'm able to find anything...
Trickers have an outlet store in the UK at Gloucester Quays (that's pronounced Gloster Keys for those not familiar with our weird English place names). They are currently showing on their Instagram feed that they have some monkey boots in store at GBP 240. They are in brown so not exactly what you were looking for but great price especially if they will deduct the VAT for you.

shoesLook what's just arrived in store at our @gloucesterquays outlet this afternoon: Handmade calf leather Monkey Boots. Available in brown sizes UK 6.5 to 11. Reduced from £390 to £240. Will accept email and phone orders and offers worldwide shipping. Well, it is the Year of the Monkey!

badeggcat

Reaction score
Just received a delivery of Super Shoes from the Gloucester outlet. £207.50 including shipping. Got hit by local taxes as the declared value included VAT, making it slightly over the tax free amount. Will need to ask them to declare the actual price on the next purchase.

Expat Simon

Reaction score
Really handsome boots.

I have a similar pair and also rate them as better than Stows, which isn't knocking the Stow boots as I love them too. But Allan (and Eaton) boots are something else, and you don't see many knocking around either.

turkey_sandwich

Reaction score
Just want to thank @princealbert for his help. I think I may wind up with a pair of monkey boots... And on my birthday! Thanks again!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads