• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Thanks John Elliott!

Styleforum was one of the first digital communities to embrace John Elliott, and in recognition of that, John Elliott has extended to our comunuty a monthly discount to fans of the brand who engage here. Simply enter the code for SF-OCT-15

Check out all of their new arrivals here

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

vubui

Reaction score
Thank you 🙏 I have my first ever pair of Trickers (Stows in black zug) on their way so I’m excited but also worried about making the wrong choice
Oh nice! Congratulations and good luck! I don’t think you can go wrong with the Stow, just gotta wear them and they will become comfortable eventually. Just don’t overdo it in the beginning, that’s a lesson I learned the hard way.

jay_nair

Reaction score
Oh, this is the same as are on their way to me. They look great. How do you like them? How is the break-in?

Felt like no break-in required for the grain leather. The leather is very flexible/supple and light weight. Yes you may need a day or two for the commando sole to adjust to your feet. Overall its a very comfortable pair and i enjoy wearing these. I feel stow in grain leather to be more comfortable than the usual calf leather due to leather being very supple. This one is different from the black grassmere zug grain leather which was very stiff and plasticky feel. the brow zug grain grassmere felt much better than the black zug grain to me.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on this leather?

Trickers description of this new model: "this Allan edition is made from a beautiful waxy pull up leather Whisky Pampus, expertly tanned by the Heinen tannery which is located in Germany since 1891".

allan-toe-cap-boot-whisky-pampus-trickers-exclusive-263655.jpg

jay_nair

Reaction score
What are peoples thoughts on this leather?

Trickers description of this new model: "this Allan edition is made from a beautiful waxy pull up leather Whisky Pampus, expertly tanned by the Heinen tannery which is located in Germany since 1891".

allan-toe-cap-boot-whisky-pampus-trickers-exclusive-263655.jpg
This one looks similar to Horween Predator leather release from DR in 2298 last

WhatsApp Image 2024-09-02 at 16.02.45.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How Do You Feel About Pleated Trousers?

• Love them, classic!

• Occasionally, depending on the outfit

• Prefer flat-front

• Never wear them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics