• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The Uniform/LA Lennon Loose Fit jeans drop is now live! Check out both the light Palms and dark Lithium Both are made from premium Japanese right hand 3x1 denim in the USA,. Uniform/LA is know for premium materials and meticulous pattern making. Support a small business built on quality and integrity.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
Anyone purchased a pair yet of these new Construct pull up ? How have you found the leather? And the boot construction itself? Apparently this Construct range is exclusive and meant to be a cut above the usual Trickers production

View attachment 2246317
I’m not sure the construction is any different. I think it’s more exclusive leathers.

Humpty_Dumpty_Rises

Reaction score
I’m not sure the construction is any different. I think it’s more exclusive leathers.
You reckon? That's interesting.

The sole unit and heel stack on these (with commando) look really solid. But it might be just a perception one creates after reading how they are described and marketed under the "exclusive construct range". But as you say, its probably the usual solid construction anyway

Fenners81

Reaction score
You reckon? That's interesting.

The sole unit and heel stack on these (with commando) look really solid. But it might be just a perception one creates after reading how they are described and marketed under the "exclusive construct range".
They seem to be similar to the Division Road styles. I’m often tempted as I’m a big fan of commando soles both functionally and aesthetically - particularly on Tricker’s.

Ypuh

Reaction score
If you say 'Commando sole', which one in particular do you mean?

My Dainite sole is far from worn, but it's likely to be the first one to go out of my 3 pairs of boots. The other two are on Victory (Loake's) and Ridgeway (Tricker's MTO), and out of the 3, the Dainite is my least favorite. I also didn't like the Vibram 430 Mini-lug too much for daily wear (fast wear and a bit harsh).

I'll probably have my Acorn's resoled to a Commando sole and use that for the rougher days.

Fenners81

Reaction score
If you say 'Commando sole', which one in particular do you mean?

My Dainite sole is far from worn, but it's likely to be the first one to go out of my 3 pairs of boots. The other two are on Victory (Loake's) and Ridgeway (Tricker's MTO), and out of the 3, the Dainite is my least favorite. I also didn't like the Vibram 430 Mini-lug too much for daily wear (fast wear and a bit harsh).

I'll probably have my Acorn's resoled to a Commando sole and use that for the rougher days.
When I say commando I’m referring to itshide. I do have a couple of pairs with Vibram commando too though.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
IMG_2971.jpeg

Ypuh

Reaction score
Mine moved to the front of the shelf today as well. Bought these a couple months ago, right when summer arrived (a very wet one that was), so haven't really worn them yet. They might be my favorite boot out of the 3 I own, so looking forward to autumn.

Cool to see another MTO here :)

sammy

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
My Bourtons arrived today! I love the acorn color! It’s not as bright as it seems in photos. Dropping down 1/2 size from my normal UK size was the right move. I’m normally a UK 6/ US 7D(yes, I have small feet ☺️) and ordered these in a UK 5.5. As expected, they are quite stiff right out of the box and I’m getting a bit of heel slippage. However, I assume this will subside as the soles break in. Trickers describes these shoes as “characteristically strong”. That’s a bit of an understatement. The term, “s**t kickers” comes to mind, but in an English country gent’s way! 😉 I’m proud to finally own a piece of Northampton history. These are my first Trickers but probably not my last.

Attachments

• IMG_7863.jpeg
    IMG_7863.jpeg
    377.6 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_7864.jpeg
    IMG_7864.jpeg
    477.7 KB · Views: 47

jellyroller

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
My Bourtons arrived today! I love the acorn color! It’s not as bright as it seems in photos. Dropping down 1/2 size from my normal UK size was the right move. I’m normally a UK 6/ US 7D(yes, I have small feet ☺️) and ordered these in a UK 5.5. As expected, they are quite stiff right out of the box and I’m getting a bit of heel slippage. However, I assume this will subside as the soles break in. Trickers describes these shoes as “characteristically strong”. That’s a bit of an understatement. The term, “**** kickers” comes to mind, but in an English country gent’s way! 😉 I’m proud to finally own a piece of Northampton history. These are my first Trickers but probably not my last.

They’re classics, enjoy them!

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrCoCo