• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

imo, NH is a hit or miss thing, but the store just has tons of stuff in there and you need to dig.

I hit the Milford store today. They just marked down a bunch of Bedale/Beaufort. Normally $259 to under $200, maybe $159 or $179, IIRC.

avery

Reaction score
stollery's, jonathan and olivia. club monaco had them at one point not sure if they do anymore.

Dave_SFU

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I hit the Milford store today. They just marked down a bunch of Bedale/Beaufort. Normally $259 to under $200, maybe $159 or $179, IIRC.

Last time I was in NH they told me Barbour was raising all their outlet prices on everything to half of retail. I was wondering how that would effect the Bedales/Beauforts which were already priced at $250 and retail is only $375 usually.

Portland Dry Goods

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Just wanted to chime in and let you all know that we have a nice big selection of barbour jackets up here in Maine; our Barbour shop works close to HQ so we can often order things we dont have right on site and we have a good selection in shop including many Tokito, McQueen and Temperly Gold Label styles. hit us up on our affiliate thread or feel free to email Rori (our Barbour manager) at [email protected]

I've posted some of our tokito stuff up on the affiliate; will be shooting mcqueen, temperly, and some mainline gear but if you guys want to know anything about a jacket we'll try to help you out!

adebisi

Reaction score
I didn't see this great thread.

Check my posts, I'm selling some barbour jackets (samples).

Edgein

Reaction score
I have a hood from a Burberry waxed cotton jacket, 3 snaps v 4 for Barbour, I understand. Free to a good home, if you pay for shipping. Anyone interested? Thanks.

cornbread

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with the barbour ashby? It says on their site that it's a modern rework of the bedale, and I've read around that that just means it is a slimmer cut. Would it be a good idea for a skinny guy to go with the ashby over the bedale?

Also, does anyone know if countryattire.com is legit? they have barbour stuff among a wide range of other items and brands, and I don't see them on the counterfeit list on barbour's site.

Thanks!

mystix

Reaction score
Country Attire appears to be legit, I would wait for their 10% off sale which happens ever 3 months or so. Its nice also how they bundle a free gift after a certain amount spent.

I recently purchased an Ashby one sale and it fits quite slim. At first I was concerned that it was quite short, but it will cover any blazer and suit jacket that I would wear.

Don't think I can add the liner as it would be too tight.

tv2177

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Country Attire appears to be legit, I would wait for their 10% off sale which happens ever 3 months or so. Its nice also how they bundle a free gift after a certain amount spent.

I recently purchased an Ashby one sale and it fits quite slim. At first I was concerned that it was quite short, but it will cover any blazer and suit jacket that I would wear. 

When I tried on the medium Ashby I find to too slim for me to wear my blazer or suit jacket under it and I ended up with classic bedale which covers almost all of my blazer or suit jacket.

dougie

Reaction score

Country attire is indeed legit. I got my sapper from them a few years ago, and in addition to being the cheapest source for that model at the time (even with international shipping) they threw in a pretty great scarf.

cornbread

Reaction score
Cool - I'll wait for the 10% off sale. Thanks for all the replies.

Would you guys suggest the Olive colour or the Rustic one? For the Ashby, all of the colours come in sylkoil on countryattire, and only the olive bedale comes in sylkoil. I'm partial to the sylkoil coating, because I heard it wears better. Anyways, I'm pretty much debating between those two colours right now, and I'm not sure which I'm going to go with. I know the olive bedale is as classic as barbour comes pretty much, but Iwas wondering if the Rustic might be a more versatile colour...? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton!

cornbread

Reaction score
Oh, and I'm 5'8-9 and 150, 36" chest if anyone could help me with sizing. I'd like to go with a 34 bedale right now i think or a Small ashby..? Does that sound right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics