• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

Kamil1987

Reaction score
I see some in outlets that have neon logos on the pockets. Could be an outlet model?

I doubt, because that would mean that particular jackets (with neon logos) were made especially for Outlets which does not make much sense.
I had one Ashby in orange with bright neon-green logo on the pocket. My wife has got black quilted jacket woth gold logo on it. I think that these are more seasonal/limited collections.

Last edited:

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Thanks for the gold-logo info. Thinking of buying a black one on eBay with a green/gold logo but it's sized 'S' rather than a specific chest size so have decided not to take the chance since a 36in Bedal is a great fit for me.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
IMG_8116.JPG
IMG_8114.JPG
Here's my one and only Barbour coat (aside from my Bedale). It's still got the tags on it. Don't know how old it is. Bought it for £50 from a mate. It stunk and he didn't want it in his house but I squirted a vodka spritz all over it followed by Fabreeze. Worked a treat. The old ones with the blue tartan lining fit slimmer than than the new ones I have found and also have shorter arms. Which suits me better.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ 1980s.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suspended

Reaction score
My old Barbour. Bought it in a vintage store some years ago. It's extremely heavy and like nothing else I've seen. Love the big collar. Anyone with knowledge please let me know when it's from.
DSC_0149.JPG
DSC_0150.JPG
DSC_0151.JPG

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

suspended

Reaction score
It's a great model. Have the border too, my only Barbour jackets. Nice review of yours! I have been trying to find other vintage Barbour jackets in similar make like mine, but to no luck.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's a great model. Have the border too, my only Barbour jackets. Nice review of yours! I have been trying to find other vintage Barbour jackets in similar make like mine, but to no luck.

What’s your size? I have the solway zipper in c40 im looking to unloaf.

suspended

Reaction score
Ok, Im bigger, 42 to 44 but thanks. It's cool news that I own the original one and that it's that old. No wonder I didn't find another one then. I see that you're in Kent, UK. Have you been to Hornets vintage in Kensington? That's where I got this one. They have a large collection of Barbour jackets usually.

Junglejack

Reaction score
Any suggestions on what to do with the Barbour x Norton & Sons collection which I probably have about 80% of their offerings. Should anyone have any trade ideas, feel free to PM. At least 90% are NWT with only the St. Kilda being worn around 5 or so times.

East Tennessee being so bloody humid does not often lend itself to waxed cotton.

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any suggestions on what to do with the Barbour x Norton & Sons collection which I probably have about 80% of their offerings. Should anyone have any trade ideas, feel free to PM. At least 90% are NWT with only the St. Kilda being worn around 5 or so times.

East Tennessee being so bloody humid does not often lend itself to waxed cotton.
Sizes?

Purplelabel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics