• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers x StyleForum Exclusive

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These look nice...would love to see a pic that really shows off how the sole looks on there. Wish I'd had the money to get in on this at the time.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am drinkin my grape juice and its color is close to it. I have seen this sole on some alden model-don`t remember which one but for some reason I had forgotten the color and was expecting a white sole close to a christy white. It far exceeds my expectations :D

Last edited:

slick4life

Reaction score
These are great! The look, feel, and color of the leather is phenomenal and the Vibram sole goes well with it. Most importantly, they are supremely comfortable right out of the box (though they are a bit snug on me). Thanks, George!

Last edited:

cloudyskies

Reaction score
My vibram camp boots just got delivered! The color is awesome and the fit is spot-on. Went TTS because I plan on wearing thick socks with them when it gets colder. I would have taken the pic in natural light, but it looks like 10 pm outside with all the thunderstorms currently passing through the state.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quick question for those of you with Oak Streets. Are you all sizing down a half size from your Red Wing size, assume you've owned a pair of a Red Wings. For example I'm a 10 in Red Wing Mocs, but I just can't fathom sizing down to a 9.5 in anything.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ No, I sized down half from my normal shoe size.

I size down 1/2 size for Red Wings as well (from my normal shoe size).

I wear:

10.5D Allen Edmonds (my true size)
10D Red Wing
10D Alden
10D Whites
11D Nike (possibly New Balance as well)
10D Oak Street
10.5D Vans + Chucks + Jacks
10.5D LLBean blucher mocs
10D Clarks
10.5D Sperry

If you can think of another brand I may be able to chime in. It's finny to say I'm a true 10.5D when most of the shoes above I wear a 10D but it is 100% the case.

Last edited:

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got mine. beautiful color
smile.gif

my right foot is slighter bigger than left, so its a bit snug in the toebox. curious if some time with shoe trees inserted may stretch it out a bit? thoughts?

OakStreetBootmakers

Reaction score

My vibram camp boots just got delivered! The color is awesome and the fit is spot-on. Went TTS because I plan on wearing thick socks with them when it gets colder. I would have taken the pic in natural light, but it looks like 10 pm outside with all the thunderstorms currently passing through the state.

so I have to admit - Tony and myself at Oak Street both went nuts over the way the camp boots turned out. I'm not ******** you, I think that is the best looking camp boot Oak Street has EVER made

^ No, I sized down half from my normal shoe size.
I size down 1/2 size for Red Wings as well (from my normal shoe size).
I wear:
10.5D Allen Edmonds (my true size)
10D Red Wing
It's funny to say I'm a true 10.5D when most of the shoes above I wear a 10D but it is 100% the case.

Sage advice my friend. You're right 10.5 is your true size, but Red Wing, Oak Street, and some Alden lasts all run half a size big.
So BLAUGRANA, you should go with your Red Wing size

got mine. beautiful color :)

my right foot is slighter bigger than left, so its a bit snug in the toebox. curious if some time with shoe trees inserted may stretch it out a bit? thoughts?

snug in the toe-box is good (as long as you mean in the width). The shoes will stretch to conform to the width of your foot especially in the toe box. A couple of days of wear and you will wonder how you ever thought they were snug =)
They really open right up after a few days of wear

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
snug in the toe-box is good (as long as you mean in the width). The shoes will stretch to conform to the width of your foot especially in the toe box. A couple of days of wear and you will wonder how you ever thought they were snug =)
They really open right up after a few days of wear
glad to hear :thumbup: already looking forward to my next pair
anyone's feet or socks stained oxblood yet?
I'll let you know after tomorrow, they're gonna get broken in well

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ha the first day I wore it with white socks, the heel turned bloody red! :D
Wore it with black socks today.

Those camp boots turned out amazing! I had forgotten you could get it in the config as well.

I went 1/2 size down as well. half down from your brannock size which in general consensus would be the same as rw/white`s/alden (tb/barrie/modified)/wolverine size.

Kashiwa

Reaction score
No offense to all of you who have thus far provided photos, they look great! Thank you for taking the time to snap and post pics.

BUT, these shoes and boots deserve more! We need some high quality glamour shots of these beauties.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads