• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nyc in 6 days, need some advice on settling on these clothing items, already done my searches

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
do you think if i called in ahead of time they will tell me if a certain item is on sale or for how much?

Definitely. Best bet for suit selection is the Madison Ave. store (the Rhinelander Mansion), but the SoHo Prince St. shop carries a decent selection of RLBL suiting as well. If you call SoHo, ask for Anthony, he's very helpful.

also any idea where i can find decent chiseled toe (english design) shoes in manhattan for a good bargain?

Sorry, you'll have to define "good bargain." One man's bargain (e.g., G&G sale at Barney's) is another man's frivolity. Are you speaking strictly in terms of pricing or in terms of discount percentage, etc.?

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your best bets right now for shoes are Barneys and Crockett and Jones. They are both having clearance sales right now. I'm not sure what the size selection is like in either place. Crockett and Jones will still run you in the mid $400 range minimum.

Edit: Forgot to mention, Paul Stuart has some shoes on clearance now as well. Sizes are probably limited.

Last edited:

eddiecibrian

Reaction score
called both RL stores and no luck, is it really this hard to find a solid navy rlbl suit for a decent price?
barneys customer service apparently doesnt pick up the phone, i guess suit supply is my best bet

Last edited:

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

called both RL stores and no luck, is it really this hard to find a solid navy rlbl suit for a decent price?
barneys customer service apparently doesnt pick up the phone, i guess suit supply is my best bet

Barney's is worthless on the phone IMHO. Just go, you'll also be in proximity to Bergdorf, stop by. I was in RL last night and there were plenty of markdowns on suiting-just visit (Madison Ave).

eddiecibrian

Reaction score
Update...went to rl no luck..went to bergdorff they had it for $13xx...havnt gotten a chance to go to barneys but i bought a suit from suit supply..it fit pretty good and the price was decent. now just need to find some damn shoes for tomorrow...bergdorff apparently sold out of the rl shoes and the foreign eastern european sounding shoe salesman
was completely useless. is there a place in nyc that sells loake or herring? I saw bergdorff had some magnannis that looked chiseled toe but i know theyre not worth 300..that was on sale too

GothamRed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the RLBL search, I'm surprised. Barney's would still be worth checking, both for suiting if you still want and also the shoes. Lobb is having a sale, but probably still pretty high in price. Crockett & Jones would also be worth checking, I think they're having a sale now...as for the other brands you mention, I'm not sure.

eddiecibrian

Reaction score
Np...went to barneys...they had good deals... saw gaziano for 500, also a beautiful crockett and jones boot that was 350 but was half a size too large. went to saks they had 70% off the sales rack..but minimal stock...bloomingdales had 50% off sales stock but limited as well. charles tyrwhitt had a sale but not much selection..id rec going there for english style shoes...but i dont know where
theyre made. Surprisingly florsheim had a good amount of english style chisel toed shoes but were very expensive 350. ended up buying something at the rack....overall these two days of shopping reminded me why i will most likely never shop in person in houston again.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads