• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nordstrom brand shoes? (pics)

makushin

Reaction score
I bought these on impulse, not sure if I should keep. $245 marked down to $159. I'm not sure of the quality, I can't find anything on them online. They are Nordstrom "dante". It says bologna construction on the insole. What do you guys think? They are a "beginner" shoe so to speak, I think maybe I should take them back and get something simple like AE park avenues? I need something for interviews and whatnot.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makushin
I bought these on impulse, not sure if I should keep. $245 marked down to $159. I'm not sure of the quality, I can't find anything on them online. They are Nordstrom "dante". It says bologna construction on the insole. What do you guys think? They are a "beginner" shoe so to speak, I think maybe I should take them back and get something simple like AE park avenues? I need something for interviews and whatnot.

what's the problem?...very nice shoes and conservative to boot..

emptym

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makushin
They are a "beginner" shoe so to speak, I think maybe I should take them back and get something simple like AE park avenues? I need something for interviews and whatnot.

Depends on the job you'll be interviewing for. If banking or law, then probably park avenues. If design or music, then probably not. Stuff in between... I'd prefer a captoe or plain oxford, but I'm fairly traditional, particularly w/ shoes.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do they really get down to $50? I've never seen them that low (closest being $120 at the Rack). Oddly enough though, Nordstrom's flagship store in downtown Seattle currently does not have any of the Nordstrom branded shoes out on the floor.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Problem waiting for sales is that the item you're interested in either may not go on sale, or you may not find your size. I say if you got the shoes already, and you like them, fit, color, style wise, you're good. $159 is not bad.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you can go back and get a price adjustment as well, if they are marked down after the sale begins.

Saltwater Wrangler

Reaction score
shog[1].gif
Nordstroms is a fine place to get clothes, but IMHO their brand of shoes are awful. Not just the styles, the 2-3 pair I've gotten are extremely uncomfortable and don't seem to last well. Maybe I just have rotten luck
confused.gif

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They look nice. It is good to see a decent shoe at that price point. Can anyone tell us; is that corrected grain leather?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads