• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No longer obsessed with this watch?

SirGrotius

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got a pang in my chest looking at that - so gorgeous! I bet you get more looks with that than some uber complicated vintage but that's up to you if it's a good thin or not. I'm an Omega fan for the styling. I'm into the new blues they put out.

Metlin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TheWraith
Explains nothing except that you're an idiot.

Which, arguably, is a great deal if he's finding that out just now.

bourbonbasted

Cyber Eliitist
Reaction score

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bourbonbasted
If you're looking for a splash of blue whilst tuning up your race car there are other options as well.

http://blog.perpetuelle.com/index.ph...age-caliber-6/

Nothing says "grease monkey" like blue alligator!

I actually like that Tag. I probably won't buy another Tag though.

On a side note, I think is is rather funny how worked up people about a watch discussion--so much passion. It reminds me of my ex (Brazilian) wife. I also find it amusing that some people assume that because you are on SF, you have no other hobbies and that somehow wrenching on and racing cars is out of the question if you have a closet full of EG and JL (wrenching and and racing should always be done in a full canvas suit as half canvas does not give you the same freedom of movement when benchpressing a transmission off your chest).

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acridsheep
^ The douchosity is strong with this one.

What? What are you referring to? Are you offended by not everyone loving Omega? I really do not understand the above post.

Very strange comment. Please post your opinion on the topic so we can all discuss and agree/disagree.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like it too. I think Omega DeVilles in general are actually really nice watches. They're still made by hand by expert watchmakers & they make their own in-house movements, so I wouldn't say it's fair to discount them as 'second rate' watches. But I have to admit, the 'pecking order' exists in the minds of anyone that knows something about watches: so overall, I think you're right in saving a bit extra for another JLC or PP :]

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Metlin
Which, arguably, is a great deal if he's finding that out just now.
I'm happy to enlighten him
lol8[1].gif
Originally Posted by Cuttingboard
Seriously...was this necessary?
This idiot apropos seems to like following me around here on SF and having a go at me. If that isn't indicative of what a sad individual he is, I don't know what is. I just laugh at him in the end. btw apropos...I own a Rolex and an Omega as well, and several other watches. If I wanted a Patek, I would go out and buy one. You don't know me, don't presume to know what I own or what I can afford. Idiot!

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Once again, so much hatred and aggressiveness in a watch thread.

Can we just keep the discussion to watches?

Night Owl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
Like everything in life, there are better and there are worse things - if you have opened up a Patek and an Omega you would realise that the finishing, the regulation, the movement of the former is a whole level above the latter...

...but of course like all watch egalitarians you haven't. The closest you've ever come to owning a Patek is when you pressed your nose against the plate glass at the shop and then came to the sad realisation that the watch was worth more than you.

By all means feel free to hold on to your Chris Ward watches and convince yourself that you own a superlative Swiss-made timepiece.

rofl didnt get the reference at first
he must own stock in chris ward as he mentions it incessantly, or maybe skymall

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Looks like the idiot still doesn't get it, Metlin. Oh well, I tried my best. btw, Night Fowl...by your "reasoning" I must also be a shareholder in Seiko, Citizen, Baxter Boots, RMW, Barrington Ayre, Zink & Sons, Pernac Paris, Omega, Debaufre, Tomas Soliz Custom Clothiers, Steed, English Cut, Seiya Japan, Bentex, Tailorstore, Turnbull & Asser, Dama Milano, Magnoli Clothiers and the numerous other things I've talked about here on this forum. Silly me, and here I always thought SF was a forum where one could discuss fashion, watches, style, brands, suppliers etc. There's a word for people like you, Night...IDIOT! And since when did I say Chris Ward watches were superlative timepieces, apropos? Yes, I like them, I think they're good watches for the price (I wear my Trident automatic as a daily beater), but I've never compared them with a freakin' Patek Philippe (or an Omega, Rolex or any other high-end timepiece). Where did you get that piece of rubbish from? The same word describes you, apropos, as it does Night Fowl...IDIOT! Now...back to talking about ridiculously expensive watches, folks. I'm done here.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

bullethead

Reaction score
^ Acqua Terra 2502.80

I also agree it looks great, if fact, i purchased one after seeing this thread.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads