• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ninja Sox

dgonsh

Reaction score
I feel like it would make all the difference if you could create a thinner, wider area of that gel-stuff that keeps the sock on the heel. something that wraps around the ankle more. just to give it a more adhesive nature.

maybe im way off base.

i hope my critiques are not coming off as negative. I LOVE my first 5 pairs of ninja sox, and cannot wait to buy more regardless of the design changes.

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
I feel like it would make all the difference if you could create a thinner, wider area of that gel-stuff that keeps the sock on the heel. something that wraps around the ankle more. just to give it a more adhesive nature.

maybe im way off base.

i hope my critiques are not coming off as negative. I LOVE my first 5 pairs of ninja sox, and cannot wait to buy more regardless of the design changes.

That's something that we're already looking into. A bit thinner and a bit wider so that there's just enough silicone, but not too much. I definitely appreciate the feedback because that's what helps me continue to make improvements on my design. I already know that this version works well...just looking for some small changes that will make them work even better.

Please send me a PM with your address. Should be receiving some samples soon and want to get them in your hands ASAP. I'm thinking within a week or so at the latest. Thanks!

tropics

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Pretty clean! Are those the 4's? I've never seen that color before

My regular socks would peek out and it looked weird and cheap. Now with my Ninjas, I can run and workout without being self conscious about my socks peeking out and stuff Haha :slayer:

Ninja Sox

Reaction score

Thanks for the pics! Do you mind if I post them on Facebook as user submitted photos?

Pretty clean! Are those the 4's? I've never seen that color before
My regular socks would peek out and it looked weird and cheap. Now with my Ninjas, I can run and workout without being self conscious about my socks peeking out and stuff Haha
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

My #1 fan!! Thank you so much for putting me on SF. I wouldn't have know about this otherwise.

they are 3 ID so i chose the colours

Nice!!!

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Size 9-12 mens, 11+ womens
I am a true size 9US and am 275 in the original German Army Trainers. I am a size 42 in CP Achilles (don’t have any atm) and a size 9.5US in Chuck Taylors. I would say the fit is more towards the tight side, and I would like Ninja Sox to increase the size of the overall sock in future as this should be able to fit a size 12 with slight tightness, whereas it fits a size 9 with a significant amount of tightness.
The sock measures approximately 17 cm long and the leg opening is approximately 9cm.

The first thing to notice about the sock is its size. The sock is nearly half the length and width of a normal sock of that shoe size. This is due to it being composed primarily of cotton which gives way for stretching and potentially the sock forming around the shape of one’s foot whilst still maintaining a sense of comfort. This is primarily the reason that separates it from other no-show socks. Others experiment with compositions and usually get it wrong; mixing in a little too much polyester or nylon.

The sock has a gel type of padding just above the heel and this is where the back of the foot usually rubs against your shoe and can cause blisters. When laced up in a well-fitting shoe, your foot would normally slide up and down a little as you walk. Over time, rubbing the same area against leather or canvas would cause damage to the skin. This gel pad definitely seeks to prevent that and furthermore, it not only keeps the sock slipping in the shoe, but keeps the foot slipping inside the sock. However a larger gel padding that covers a larger area would be beneficial and I would like to see this in future models.

The panels of fabric that form the sock are something to appreciate. Ninja Sox has created a sock whose top panel is of a much thinner cotton when compared to the sole or heel. This allows breathability, which is a necessary thing to have as the socks would be primarily worn in summer. The sole of the sock is much thicker and though one may think that this would induce sweating, it does wick away moisture more efficiently than other socks, especially socks whose fabrics are composed in such a way so as to maximize its lifespan. The ribbing of these socks is also more reinforced when compared to other no show socks. The ribbing is thick yet isn’t uncomfortable and this helps it stay in place. This is something that I would like to see maintained in future models.
The branding on the sole of the sock is not a problem at all, considering that nobody would ever see it as the socks would always be worn with shoes. I know it would be more expensive, but it would be cool to see no text but the logo and maybe a katana sword on the sole of the shoe, though this is just a minute detail to the overall aesthetic of the sock and its functionality.

Wearing these socks with normal sized low profile shoes; Margiela GATs, original GATs, Lanvin low tops, Jack Purcells, Converse Chuck Taylors will all have a great sockless look when Ninja Sox are worn. Many other no show socks can compete with the visibility of the sock in this regard. However with lower profile shoes, these socks stand out. People wearing Ninja Sox with shoes such as Common Projects Achilles, Vans and boat shoes will have a true no show look relative to other socks.
All in all, for the price these socks are a steal.

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just was able to pick up mine.

Good:

Silicone stops any heel slippage
Feels really nice, most no show socks are incredibly thin but these actually feel like socks

Bad:

After only a few hours of wear on my first pair this happened. Not sure whether that means I should size up to a large, especially considering I'm a US 9 with only a bit of a wide foot.

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. I've been wearing mine for about a year or so (?) and I haven't had one issue with the whites or blacks. I'm a 9US in Santoni's, Edward Green's and Lobbs. 9.5D in Nike's, Sebago's, Sperry's and etc.

I don't know why you had those...maybe use weaker strength detergent?! Haha jk

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wow. I've been wearing mine for about a year or so (?) and I haven't had one issue with the whites or blacks. I'm a 9US in Santoni's, Edward Green's and Lobbs. 9.5D in Nike's, Sebago's, Sperry's and etc.

Hadn't even washed them yet lol, still I think it might've just been a bad one since the other sock was fine.

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
Size 9-12 mens, 11+ womens
I am a true size 9US and am 275 in the original German Army Trainers. I am a size 42 in CP Achilles (don’t have any atm) and a size 9.5US in Chuck Taylors. I would say the fit is more towards the tight side, and I would like Ninja Sox to increase the size of the overall sock in future as this should be able to fit a size 12 with slight tightness, whereas it fits a size 9 with a significant amount of tightness.
The sock measures approximately 17 cm long and the leg opening is approximately 9cm.
The first thing to notice about the sock is its size. The sock is nearly half the length and width of a normal sock of that shoe size. This is due to it being composed primarily of cotton which gives way for stretching and potentially the sock forming around the shape of one’s foot whilst still maintaining a sense of comfort. This is primarily the reason that separates it from other no-show socks. Others experiment with compositions and usually get it wrong; mixing in a little too much polyester or nylon.
The sock has a gel type of padding just above the heel and this is where the back of the foot usually rubs against your shoe and can cause blisters. When laced up in a well-fitting shoe, your foot would normally slide up and down a little as you walk. Over time, rubbing the same area against leather or canvas would cause damage to the skin. This gel pad definitely seeks to prevent that and furthermore, it not only keeps the sock slipping in the shoe, but keeps the foot slipping inside the sock. However a larger gel padding that covers a larger area would be beneficial and I would like to see this in future models.
The panels of fabric that form the sock are something to appreciate. Ninja Sox has created a sock whose top panel is of a much thinner cotton when compared to the sole or heel. This allows breathability, which is a necessary thing to have as the socks would be primarily worn in summer. The sole of the sock is much thicker and though one may think that this would induce sweating, it does wick away moisture more efficiently than other socks, especially socks whose fabrics are composed in such a way so as to maximize its lifespan. The ribbing of these socks is also more reinforced when compared to other no show socks. The ribbing is thick yet isn’t uncomfortable and this helps it stay in place. This is something that I would like to see maintained in future models.
The branding on the sole of the sock is not a problem at all, considering that nobody would ever see it as the socks would always be worn with shoes. I know it would be more expensive, but it would be cool to see no text but the logo and maybe a katana sword on the sole of the shoe, though this is just a minute detail to the overall aesthetic of the sock and its functionality.
Wearing these socks with normal sized low profile shoes; Margiela GATs, original GATs, Lanvin low tops, Jack Purcells, Converse Chuck Taylors will all have a great sockless look when Ninja Sox are worn. Many other no show socks can compete with the visibility of the sock in this regard. However with lower profile shoes, these socks stand out. People wearing Ninja Sox with shoes such as Common Projects Achilles, Vans and boat shoes will have a true no show look relative to other socks.
All in all, for the price these socks are a steal.

Thanks for the review xCrunchx! Hopefully other SF members will get a better idea of how Ninja Sox works and feels. Much appreciated!!

Just was able to pick up mine.
Good:
Silicone stops any heel slippage
Feels really nice, most no show socks are incredibly thin but these actually feel like socks
Bad:
After only a few hours of wear on my first pair this happened. Not sure whether that means I should size up to a large, especially considering I'm a US 9 with only a bit of a wide foot.

WOW!! Out of all the socks that we've sold, I've never hear of this happening before. As a size 9, the Mediums should work perfectly fine. I've worn mine for over a year now and I have yet to get a hole anywhere on the socks. We stand by our product's quality and durability 100%. Please PM me your address and I'll send you a replacement pair(s) ASAP.

"weaker strength detergent" - LOL!

Hadn't even washed them yet lol, still I think it might've just been a bad one since the other sock was fine.

We'll get those replaced for you, no problem!

DiglettDigs

Reaction score
the back of my socks slip off my heel when i walk around(postwash). this doesn't happen with my other no-show socks. does this mean i sized incorrectly? i got a size medium and my foot is a size 8. should i have gotten a small? thanks

Last edited:

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
the back of my socks slip off my heel when i walk around(postwash). this doesn't happen with my other no-show socks. does this mean i sized incorrectly? i got a size medium and my foot is a size 8. should i have gotten a small? thanks

There's a possibility that you might fit into a Small considering you're on the cusp of the 2 sizes. There could also be a chance that the type of shoe you're wearing will facilitate sock slippage. PM me your name and address and I'll send you a Small to sample. If the Small fits better, I'll exchange your Mediums. Thanks!

lesamourai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update, I've worn and washed several other pairs of ninja sox and they've all held up perfectly fine.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads