• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ninja Sox

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think M is too small for your foot! If you think about it, a M sock is going to be VERY tight and small on a 11 foot. therefore, not enough fabric to "grab" onto your heel, therefore, the slippage.

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
So update : I'm a size 11 US mens and I bought the mediums. I've found that they slip off the heel quite when brand new. I'm hoping after a wash that they do this less often. The only thing I can attribute this to is that the plastic is a bit hard and not broken in and after it wears down a bit, will have a more uneven surface for it to grip my heel.

I won't count them out yet (as I bought a crapload and rather not send them back, lol). Will wear for a few days and wash the two that I've already tried to see how they handle a wash. I've worn them for a couple times while going out bboying (breakdancing) and for the most part they've stayed on. A few times they rolled down the heel and under but again, these were fresh out the package.

I have a very good feeling that once you wash and dry them, they'll fit much better. When brand new, there's a lot of loose lint that make the socks a bit more "slippery" especially since they're cut so low. I don't think it's a size issue. Either way, if they don't work for you, I'll be happy to accept a return for the full amount...but give it a couple washes first.

I think M is too small for your foot! If you think about it, a M sock is going to be VERY tight and small on a 11 foot. therefore, not enough fabric to "grab" onto your heel, therefore, the slippage.

I have several friends who are size 12 and they tell me that it fits them perfectly. The spandex in the socks should accommodate the range of sizes that I put on the website description. Again, I think it could take a couple of washes to "break them in" and they'll be fine. Let me know.

Bussit

Reaction score
I ordered a good amount of black, grey, and white in medium and put them through the washer/dryer already. I wore them with my boat shoes (from Oak Street Bootmakers size 9.5E) with success. It felt strange when the sides of the sock rubbed against the side of my feet when I first put on the shoes, but I forgot about it once I started doing stuff. The socks were able to provide a cushion from the back of the boat shoe so I didn't have to use band-aids on my heel to prevent blisters. Pics will follow later in the week. Thanks again.!

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great service! Just got my exchanged socks! Don't know my brannock size but I wear, 8 in Sperry's, 8.5 in Vans, 8 in chucks, 9 in jack purcells, 7/7.5e in Aldens, and 8.5 in nike free run+/flyknit trainer+/free3.0v4. Thought with my smallish foot, the Small would be great but they were just toooo tight, even though they felt a little better after a little wear/stretch. These mediums I exchanged for fit sooooo much more comfortably and aren't loose/slipping off my feet at all. Still well hidden in my vans, just a tiny little bit peeking out in my sperry's but only if you're really looking for it. needed these more for the vans/nikes anyhow.

Last edited:

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
I ordered a good amount of black, grey, and white in medium and put them through the washer/dryer already. I wore them with my boat shoes (from Oak Street Bootmakers size 9.5E) with success. It felt strange when the sides of the sock rubbed against the side of my feet when I first put on the shoes, but I forgot about it once I started doing stuff. The socks were able to provide a cushion from the back of the boat shoe so I didn't have to use band-aids on my heel to prevent blisters. Pics will follow later in the week. Thanks again.!

Thanks for the feedback!! We're happy to be able to provide a product that looks good and functions well. We look forward to the pictures.

Great service! Just got my exchanged socks! Don't know my brannock size but I wear, 8 in Sperry's, 8.5 in Vans, 8 in chucks, 9 in jack purcells, 7/7.5e in Aldens, and 8.5 in nike free run+/flyknit trainer+/free3.0v4. Thought with my smallish foot, the Small would be great but they were just toooo tight, even though they felt a little better after a little wear/stretch. These mediums I exchanged for fit sooooo much more comfortably and aren't loose/slipping off my feet at all. Still well hidden in my vans, just a tiny little bit peeking out in my sperry's but only if you're really looking for it. needed these more for the vans/nikes anyhow.

Great pics!! Thanks for sharing with the SF community...now people have a better understanding of how it'll fit and look based upon their shoe size. Do you mind if I share these pictures on our FB page?

awesome! They really are some great sox!!!

Thanks!!

k4lnamja

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

THIS IS WHY true no show socks are important to our everyday wear

If we saw a little bit of a sock showing ... it'd look sloppy. Your pics look great man

Ill post some soon

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
So for those of you who've received Ninja Sox or wear some other type of no-show sock, I wanted to ask you another question:

I'm currently working on some new designs (colors, materials, cuts, features, etc) and wanted to get your feedback.

So far, I have one that has an even lower cut so that it can be worn with almost anytime of low cut sock and it won't show. Even lower that the current Ninja Sox. Any interest in that?

Also, I'm wanting to test out some new materials as well. Specifically, I'm looking at the thinner dress sock material so that they can be worn comfortably with dress shoes and more formal loafers. Any interest in that?

Finally, I'm looking for more colors or patterns as well. It seems like Black and White seem to be the most popular, but wanted to get your feedback anyways.

If you have a moment, please let me know your thoughts on this or anything else that might come to mind.

Thanks!

dgonsh

Reaction score
Hey, so I've been testing my Ninja socks for about a week.

They are exceptional at staying on the foot. They are certainly no show with my Supergas. There is a bit of the sides the peak through on my sebago docksiders. but frankly, those are more comfortable barefoot anyway.

Im not a manufacturer, so I dont even know if this is possible, but I feel there is an opportunity to push the lip of the sock that sits on top of your foot (where lacing from shoes would sit, above the toe-line) down towards the toes a few more millimetres. At least for me, that would make it true no-show on ANY type of shoe.

for any non boat shoe, these socks are an absolute dream for ninja-sox consumers. they really do stay on the back of my heel.

Im a size 9US in most shoes (some boots 8.5, some shoes 9.5) and the mediums are perfect.

As for colours/patterns/ideas. A thinner material sock for dress shoes is definitely a great idea for those of us that embrace that look (I personally do not). In terms of colours, I would love to see a basic navy or brown.

Last edited:

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
Hey, so I've been testing my Ninja socks for about a week.

They are exceptional at staying on the foot. They are certainly no show with my Supergas. There is a bit of the sides the peak through on my sebago docksiders. but frankly, those are more comfortable barefoot anyway.

Im not a manufacturer, so I dont even know if this is possible, but I feel there is an opportunity to push the lip of the sock that sits on top of your foot (where lacing from shoes would sit, above the toe-line) down towards the toes a few more millimetres. At least for me, that would make it true no-show on ANY type of shoe.

for any non boat shoe, these socks are an absolute dream for ninja-sox consumers. they really do stay on the back of my heel.

Im a size 9US in most shoes (some boots 8.5, some shoes 9.5) and the mediums are perfect.

As for colours/patterns/ideas. A thinner material sock for dress shoes is definitely a great idea for those of us that embrace that look (I personally do not). In terms of colours, I would love to see a basic navy or brown.

Thanks for the feedback dgonsh! So I am testing out a few samples that have an even lower top lip like you mentioned. I'm checking to see if 1.) they stay on your feet 2.) it doesn't irritate the top of your foot/the shoes don't cut into your skin 3.) what type of shoes they will work best with 4.) durability/quality of the socks. I'll try to upload some pics when I get a chance, but I think I'm working on exactly what you described. As for colors, navy blue and brown sound good to me too. Maybe you can be a product tester for my next sample.

dgonsh

Reaction score
Would LOVE that! Thanks Ninja Sox!

Let me post up a pic of my boat shoes for reference. Sorry for ****** cell pics, but you can see that the low cut supergas are perfect, whereas the boat shoes shoe that side lip pretty prominently. I mean, infinitely better than any other "no shows" I've seen. These are Sebago's for reference. Can't verify sperry's, quoddys, eastlands, rancourts, oak streets etc etc.

PartagasIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Specifically, I'm looking at the thinner dress sock material so that they can be worn comfortably with dress shoes and more formal loafers.  Any interest in that?

Wore my initial order's white pair today with some Common Projects. Worked great. Just ordered 8 more pairs, thanks for the SF code.

I would have interest in a thinner, dress sock material--I'm thinking Alden suede PTB's in particular would be really nice (and blister-free) with a dress ninja sock.

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
Would LOVE that! Thanks Ninja Sox!

Let me post up a pic of my boat shoes for reference. Sorry for ****** cell pics, but you can see that the low cut supergas are perfect, whereas the boat shoes shoe that side lip pretty prominently. I mean, infinitely better than any other "no shows" I've seen. These are Sebago's for reference. Can't verify sperry's, quoddys, eastlands, rancourts, oak streets etc etc.

Thanks for the pics! Maybe my foot is wider or bigger than yours (size 10), but my Ninja Sox barely peek out the corner when wearing boat shoes. Have you washed/dried the socks yet? The slight shrinkage actually makes a difference in both fit and feel. We're definitely working on an even lower cut, so maybe you're the perfect person to be testing them out. I'll reach out to you in the near future and send you the samples. If you could test them out and take some pictures, I'd really appreciate it...and so would the SF members as well. No one wants to hear a biased opinion, such as mine. HAHA! Thanks again!

Wore my initial order's white pair today with some Common Projects. Worked great. Just ordered 8 more pairs, thanks for the SF code.
I would have interest in a thinner, dress sock material--I'm thinking Alden suede PTB's in particular would be really nice (and blister-free) with a dress ninja sock.

Awesome! We're working on both lower cut and thinner dress socks material. I'll let you know once they've arrived.

dgonsh

Reaction score
Hmm...maybe my foot is on the shorter side of the size mediums. The ones in the pic actually just got out of the dryer, so yes, they were laundered to account for shrinkage. I also have a pretty wide foot. wear a 9e US in most dress shoes (allen edmonds specifically). but i fit into regular widths of nikes and converse and whatnot.

I'd love to test out the lower cut prototypes when they come in. And I'll make sure to use my better camera. Let me know.

Ninja Sox

Reaction score
Hmm...maybe my foot is on the shorter side of the size mediums. The ones in the pic actually just got out of the dryer, so yes, they were laundered to account for shrinkage. I also have a pretty wide foot. wear a 9e US in most dress shoes (allen edmonds specifically). but i fit into regular widths of nikes and converse and whatnot.

I'd love to test out the lower cut prototypes when they come in. And I'll make sure to use my better camera. Let me know.

Interesting! Well, we'll definitely have to work on getting the cut even lower. I'll let you know about the prototypes. Should be getting them in soon.

ANOTHER QUESTION: Do any of you know of any shoe stores in Australia that would be interested in sell Ninja Sox? I realized that the cost of shipping to Australia is so high for individuals to buy on my website and was hoping there would be a local distributor there. I can send them a large box of Ninja Sox and they can resell through their retail outlet. Any info would be helpful! Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads