• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the blue moon similar in color to a baby blue or darker like a royal blue?
it won't be royal blue like on fragments for sure. Wondering how the real color will look like. These what we can found now are only photoshops.

jmaudi0

Reaction score
nobody talking about the Air Force 270? anyone snag a pair yet? I like the Phantom colorway.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
nobody talking about the Air Force 270? anyone snag a pair yet? I like the Phantom colorway.
yes got for the whole family in the bone color, best nike release in ages

jmaudi0

Reaction score
yes got for the whole family in the bone color, best nike release in ages
what's the official name? I've seen Phantom and Ghost. I guess I missed the first drop. Definitely want to grab a pair on a restock.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
failed on both and plan on going to march for our lives instead of lining up for fcfs releases.

sussi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so Blue Moons will be a lot uglier than expected:freeze::freeze::freeze::freeze::freeze:
messages-image3245566978.png

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
Took a series of Ls this morning, and I'm not even angry. Anyone manage to grab the Nike Vapormax X Acronyms? If so, and you want to part with a men's 8.5, please let me know.

urbanwoodsman

Reaction score
An unadulterated review of my latest experience with StockX, which I hope will help others:

Up until March 20th, 2018, I had sold 2 sneakers on StockX and everything went well. After my 3rd sale, my transaction fee would lower from 9.5% to 9%. I sold my 3rd pair of sneakers on March 20th and then my 4th pair on March 21st. The 4th sale, and any sale thereafter, is supposed to be charged the 9% transaction fee, but that was not the case. I shipped both sneakers on March 22nd, using the UPS labels provided by StockX. Thankfully, I received a receipt when dropping off the packages at the UPS store.

I reached out to StockX to ask why my 4th sale had been charged 9.5%, as opposed to 9%, and was told it was because the sneakers had yet to arrive. Tracking showed the sneakers had arrived in Detroit, MI, early Saturday morning, but wouldn't arrive at StockX's headquarters until Monday, March 26th. Cool, they'll make the price adjustment, I thought to myself, especially since it's only a few dollars we're talking about. So I then sold another pair of sneakers on Friday, March 23rd. The sale was yet again charged a 9.5% transaction fee. I decided to respond to StockX's email, asking if they would make the adjustment once they received the 3 sneakers I had recently sold. "Thank you for following up, unfortunately [we] will not. We are looking into fixing this asap," was their response, which does nothing to address the issue.

Hopeful the sneakers had arrived at StockX, I checked the tracking information last night on the 2 sneakers en route. Much to my surprise, the tracking information previously there was no longer available. It simply said: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." The sneakers effectively went from arriving in Detroit to being untraceable. I sent StockX a follow up email, explaining what happened, and again expressing my disappointment with their unwillingness to fix the transaction fees, but have yet to hear back from them.

Thankfully, I have the receipt, which shows I entrusted both packages to UPS. Still, I worry that StockX, like other similarly-structured sites, will seek to absolve themselves of responsibility (on multiple fronts), and I will be left without my sneakers and money. At this point, I have no choice but to wait and see how they respond. But make no mistake: how they respond will determine whether I ship the sneakers I sold on Friday, March 23rd.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like the Romaleos 3's. They look sleek and functional. My head was swerving when noticing them on foot at the gym, trying to ID them. Would it look off if I rarely OLY lift? I may do it occasionally, more with kettlebells (squats, lunges).

romaleos-3-weightlifting-shoe-qqTAGYrk.jpg

Really like this women's colorway though

71N4vUp0OjL._UY395_.jpg

The alternative is the Metcons, digging this colorway. Metcons might be a better choice for me I think. How has everyone's experience been like?

metcon-4-mens-cross-training-weightlifting-shoe-rJTGV0Vy.jpg

nsubrmnn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
An unadulterated review of my latest experience with StockX, which I hope will help others:

Up until March 20th, 2018, I had sold 2 sneakers on StockX and everything went well. After my 3rd sale, my transaction fee would lower from 9.5% to 9%. I sold my 3rd pair of sneakers on March 20th and then my 4th pair on March 21st. The 4th sale, and any sale thereafter, is supposed to be charged the 9% transaction fee, but that was not the case. I shipped both sneakers on March 22nd, using the UPS labels provided by StockX. Thankfully, I received a receipt when dropping off the packages at the UPS store.

I reached out to StockX to ask why my 4th sale had been charged 9.5%, as opposed to 9%, and was told it was because the sneakers had yet to arrive. Tracking showed the sneakers had arrived in Detroit, MI, early Saturday morning, but wouldn't arrive at StockX's headquarters until Monday, March 26th. Cool, they'll make the price adjustment, I thought to myself, especially since it's only a few dollars we're talking about. So I then sold another pair of sneakers on Friday, March 23rd. The sale was yet again charged a 9.5% transaction fee. I decided to respond to StockX's email, asking if they would make the adjustment once they received the 3 sneakers I had recently sold. "Thank you for following up, unfortunately [we] will not. We are looking into fixing this asap," was their response, which does nothing to address the issue.

Hopeful the sneakers had arrived as StockX, I checked the tracking information last night on the 2 sneakers en route to StockX. Much to my surprise, the tracking information previously there was no longer available. It simply said: "A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated." The sneakers effectively went from arriving in Detroit to being untraceable. I sent StockX a follow up email, explaining what happened, and again expressing my disappointment with their unwillingness to fix the transaction fees, but have yet to hear back from them.

Thankfully, I have the receipt, which shows I entrusted both packages to UPS. Still, I worry that StockX, like other similarly-structured sites, will seek to absolve themselves of responsibility (on multiple fronts), and I will be left without my sneakers and money. At this point, I have no choice but to wait and see how they respond. But make no mistake: how they respond will determine whether I ship the sneakers I sold on Friday, March 23rd.
Be careful, if the shoes sold and you don’t send them they will charge your paypal a fee, iirc it’s 15%

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 97 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads