• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

brandonboot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tomorrow is going to be an absolute shitshow for those Georgetown AJ1. I’m still going to try but realistically I might as well be buying lottery tickets.
I re downloaded my snkrs app just for these shoes after a year long hiatus… then I deleted it 10 min later and bought a pair for resale on eBay.

Samir

Reaction score
What is the significance (if any) of the '85 designation as opposed to just an AJ1 High?
Thicker leather that will require break-in - basically not used since the '85/'94 releases and nothing like the softer tumbled leather used today. The shape is also different - the heel is a lot straight compared to today's curved models. Sleeker toebox and bigger swoosh.

betterusername

Reaction score
9D2A8B66-218F-46F6-985E-5CA51A79066E.jpeg

694C8776-7FAA-4BB3-AE75-C3F549C1194F.jpeg

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Curious how they are if/when you get them in hand.

Really want them, but also hoping to hear that these are awful...

I just got them and will likely return them for the same reason as @b-ill. They're pretty cool, and the colors are great, but, I know know the canvas will be trashed pretty quickly. I walk a lot and prefer the 3s in leather.

On that note, if anyone here is a 14 and wants these for retail, let me know.

NOTCARTEL777

Reaction score
Recent Wears

Air Max Day

Latest Pickups

My failed attempts at hitting on the Georgetown 1's

I knew I would strikeout for retail. So I made a deal earlier in the week with my local resale shop for a pair in my size. I traded a pair of shoes and added some cash on top.

GT 1 x NG 1

Do you guys know if sizing on the 85s is different than the modern AJ1s?

TTS

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads