• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nigel Cabourn

Diabolical

Reaction score
Exactly
Now- anyone know what the details are on who will be selling these ?
I went down to Normany last night to check out this jacket. It was even more beautiful in person. Unfortunately they only had a medium and these jackets seem to be cut quite big. I'll have to go with a small or extra-small.

45bur

Reaction score
I went down to Normany last night to check out this jacket. It was even more beautiful in person. Unfortunately they only had a medium and these jackets seem to be cut quite big. I'll have to go with a small or extra-small.
What's the price?

Brattman

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to measurements for the women's cameraman jackets from last FW? I've emailed ushowu twice with no reply. Has anyone picked up a size 8 or 10 for a female partner, and can you comment on the sizing?

Eric Gill Sans

Reaction score

Does anyone have access to measurements for the women's cameraman jackets from last FW? I've emailed ushowu twice with no reply. Has anyone picked up a size 8 or 10 for a female partner, and can you comment on the sizing?

I bought the size 10 for my wife who is normally a dress size 10 and it was perfect
I think UshowU will get back to you but it might take a reminder email
Corniche still have a blue one in a size 8 if you want to ring them
Nina or Ian are very helpful and will happily give you the sizes of the one they have

Brattman

Reaction score
Many thanks Eric! I've emailed Corniche and followed up with Ushowu, so hopefully we get some responses. Glad it worked out for your wife! It's a beautiful jacket!

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many thanks Eric! I've emailed Corniche and followed up with Ushowu, so hopefully we get some responses. Glad it worked out for your wife! It's a beautiful jacket!

Corniche have excellent customer service. Good luck.

Jagger_On

Reaction score

The new site is live, loads of new stuff and you can pre order.

http://www.cabourn.com/

Thanks for the heads up, the new collection looks absolutely stunning to me. That coastal command jacket is amazing, wish I could justify it in some way. Will definitely be picking up the Farm Pants and some fair isle but there is so many other amazing pieces.

I like how the website has a section for the mainline collection and an archive section. I wonder what goodies will pop up in there.

BLAUGRANA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like it but I'm not yet going crazy over it. I think the photography and the model help with some of it on top of knowing some of it probably won't fit.

As for the new site, it's nice. I did like the military feel of the old one, but this one is better for viewing some of the items. I just wish you could zoom in on all photos. I also wish they'd provide measurements which IMO is a bare minimum requirement.

cold war painter

Reaction score

What do you think it's made of? Polyester?

The website says its donegal wool. My North Sea jumper is all new wool. They do look very similar but North Sea make in England and the Cabourn website says theirs is made in Scotland - I think there was a post by Eric a little while back which named Cabourn's makers, IIRC they use Andersen in Scotland.

Will definitely be picking up the Farm Pants and some fair isle

I really like this season's fair isle patterns. I have a couple of the fair isle jumpers from AW12 but last year's seemed to all have at least one colour in the mix I couldn't get on with, like bright red or canary yellow.

That Canadian jacket looks good. They seem to be positioning that as the new lightweight jacket while the aircraft jacket becomes more midweight.

Last edited:

mcqueen

Reaction score
Filson x Cabourn collaboration now on Filson website.

http://www.contextclothing.com/brands/filson

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads