• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nicks Boots

Basichanwen

Reaction score

Just got back from Nicks. As you know, they just started an IG account which will have regular updates of new goods. The leather they are using for all their boots, including the new casuals, comes from Seidel Tannery here in the USA. the leather they use for their work and fire boots is pretty stiff, but SUPER tough...the real deal. The new casuals in this post will be using a new leather from Seidel called Aniflex... (Formerly Mexcel) which is Seidels take on Chromexcel. It's aniline stain dyed and has a good pull-up effect with a nice wax top coat. Nicks does make one of the new boots in Natural Cxl, as nothing can compare to the unique characteristics of Natural Cxl.

Nicks will be launching a new Website soon with these and 3-4 other styles.

westie187

Reaction score
Those are fantastic. The waxed flesh is awesome.

cathpah

Reaction score
I just got my Nick's boots in brown waxed flesh from Vermilyea Pelle. They are amazing. My favorite pair of boots right now. And Dustin was a pleasure to work with.

Here is the album on imgur

http://imgur.com/a/v8lsB

Here is a last comparison with OSB Trench Boots and Red Wing Beckmans

http://imgur.com/a/FOG7P
You already know my feelings on these...but holy hell do I love these.

I cannot wait to get my pair (almost identical aside from a captoe).

Last edited:

revrend

Reaction score
Got a good news/bad news call from Nicks a couple days ago.

Good news: Boots were done.

Bad news: They were done in olive chromexcel rather than the olive chromepak (that isn't even in stock yet)

Perhaps because my widths don't match, they offered me the messed up pair at considerable discount. When I was done picking my jaw up off the floor, I gave them my credit card number and here we are.

Build details as I remember:

Cap Toe
Natural Edge
Vibram 430
Dogger Heel
10" Ranger
#3 Toe
Unlined (is how they came, I think I didn't specify)

On the chromepak ones, I'll probably switch it to black tongue rather than brown and request a lining. I'm undecided on dropping the cap for more variety.

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/gjoWT

jrosenthal

Reaction score

Got a good news/bad news call from Nicks a couple days ago. Good news: Boots were done. Bad news: They were done in olive chromexcel rather than the olive chromepak (that isn't even in stock yet) Perhaps because my widths don't match, they offered me the messed up pair at considerable discount. When I was done picking my jaw up off the floor, I gave them my credit card number and here we are. Build details as I remember: Cap Toe Natural Edge Vibram 430 Dogger Heel 10" Ranger #3 Toe Unlined (is how they came, I think I didn't specify) On the chromepak ones, I'll probably switch it to black tongue rather than brown and request a lining. I'm undecided on dropping the cap for more variety. More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/gjoWT
I had never even considered green as an option for leather choice but I would totally do an oxford in that exact leather! And your #3 toe looks rounder than the one discussed tonight on the white's forum, gives me more hope for my forthcoming burgundy mexcel oxfords. Stunning boots man! James

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am curious about the difference between Chromexcel and Chromepak..? Can anyone speak to it? I've assumed they are very similar, though in pics Chromepak looks a bit less shiny. But wonder what the differences in tanning and/or looks are...

misterjuiceman

Reaction score
I am curious about the difference between Chromexcel and Chromepak..? Can anyone speak to it? I've assumed they are very similar, though in pics Chromepak looks a bit less shiny. But wonder what the differences in tanning and/or looks are...

Chromexcel is chrome-tanned and vegetable re-tanned. Chromepack is just chrome-tanned. Both leathers are hot-stuffed. The full breakdown of the differences can be seen here: http://horween.com/leathers/full-tannage-list/

revrend

Reaction score
Beyond the tanning process differences, Chromepak has a pretty different feel and look to it. To say it's hot stuffed doesn't do it justice. It's like a leather foie gras, stuffed so full of waxes and oils it can't take any more. The surface is almost sticky and it has a strong kind of industrial smell. It's probably the most water and dirt resistant leather I've ever used. And while I find it kind of a pain ********** to work with, the pull up is insane.

I did a run of belts in burgundy and natural over the summer that were pretty wild: http://imgur.com/a/1JoTt

You can see the pull up on the natural ones pretty good in this picture at the buckles.

pe3brain

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with deciding on my next boot? I have a heavy workwear aesthetic, and currently only have black cherry beckmans and brown Chippewas. I'm not sure if I should go with a new brown boot, an olive boot, or a black boot help? It's gonna be a Cuban heel, mini lug sole, 6" Robert boot with captoe. Can anyone provide any pics of nicks in these colors? I see reverend's olive, so nicks brown and black leather offerings.

Chris Tran

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with deciding on my next boot? I have a heavy workwear aesthetic, and currently only have black cherry beckmans and brown Chippewas. I'm not sure if I should go with a new brown boot, an olive boot, or a black boot help? It's gonna be a Cuban heel, mini lug sole, 6" Robert boot with captoe. Can anyone provide any pics of nicks in these colors? I see reverend's olive, so nicks brown and black leather offerings.

Just get what you like. I think unless you're going into the fray and need the traction, I wouldn't get the 430 sole. It rocks side to side since it's not perfectly flat. I would get the 700 sole, or the composition sole if you spend time indoors or on concrete only. It's still quite good for dirt.

The website has all the colors in CXL, I would get olive. It's the most interesting one I've seen so far.

Anyway wanted to share my 8" Ranger in Walnut. It's a stock boot so there are many more like it, but these are mine! Also dear GOD is break-in a real thing on the standard oil tanned leathers.

Got a good news/bad news call from Nicks a couple days ago.

Good news: Boots were done.

Bad news: They were done in olive chromexcel rather than the olive chromepak (that isn't even in stock yet)

Perhaps because my widths don't match, they offered me the messed up pair at considerable discount. When I was done picking my jaw up off the floor, I gave them my credit card number and here we are.

Build details as I remember:

Cap Toe
Natural Edge
Vibram 430
Dogger Heel
10" Ranger
#3 Toe
Unlined (is how they came, I think I didn't specify)

On the chromepak ones, I'll probably switch it to black tongue rather than brown and request a lining. I'm undecided on dropping the cap for more variety.

More pics here: http://imgur.com/a/gjoWT

******* hell those are sexy dude. Those are going on my phone wallpaper if you don't mind.

*********** up with me too, they told me Teton Tan wasn't in stock cept in roughout. I was like ahh **** well I'll take olive CXL then. Then they called me two days later and told me it was in stock in a voicemail, but i took 24 hours to call them back and they had already cut the olive CXL.. but they ate it and are doin em in Teton Tan now! Gary and Frank are awesome to talk to by the way, they never run out of time for a customer.

I enjoy using the standard leathers that these companies have been using on the boots that made them famous. My problem is they are a ***** to break in. They bite your ankles to **** for those 80 hours lol. I got the first 8 done.

Last edited:

CrackedCrab

Reaction score
Nice looking rangers Chris. You inspired me to get mine out tonight. I regret not breaking these in sooner. I wore a them couple times last spring then put them away all summer it was so hot here. And even though it's a no frills model, I like them a lot.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads