• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NFL 2011/2012 Discussion

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Without Vick, the Falcons will win this one. This is a good game.

yes it was. both teams won and lost, then lost and then won, lost, then won, then lost. wtf is this ****?

Last edited:

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ryan.jpg

ryan_3_01.jpg

baird.jpg

The Ryan brothers are complete deviants.

phreak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Week 2: 6-4
Season: 9-6

Even though many the games didn't play out like I predicted, I got some good results anyway. It's always fun to see how games went compared to how you expected them to go.

On to the next one. Submitted for your approval: my week 3 predictions against the odds (6 of 11 road teams YIKES!!)

Detroit -2.5 @ Minn If you a believer (in Stafford) then you love this game for Detroit. As much as I like Peterson and Harvin, they are far and away the best talent on an over-matched Vikings squad. Detroit loads the box forcing McNabb to throw and keep pace with Detroit...won't happen. Detroit is built to play with a lead, and this game goes according to plan.

Oakland +2.5 vs Jets The Jets somehow blew out a (horrible) Jax team when Sanchez throws 2 ints and Greene has 49 yards. Jax is not built to play from behind (or with a lead hah) so their offense was doomed after being forced to throw. Oakland has played two sloppy road games so far but will be fired up and rdy to play (leslie frazier is a badass) in their home opener. McFadden will have a monster game as the Raiders pull out a tight home victory. I'm also interested to see how Denarius Moore responds to Revis and Co. Holmes and Keller should be targets for Sanchez Nnamdi would be pretty useful this weekend.

SD -13.5 vs KC Well KC has basically given up on the only games they've played so far and it's hard to see that same scenario not happening if they get down early in SD. SD is simply a much more talented team compared to the injured Chiefs. SD is very capable of slowing down the game, running the ball, and still score points with a lead.

Atlanta +2 @ TB Atlanta looked amazing in the no-huddle last week and really turned it on when they needed to. The O should be dominant (top 4 unit) soon and they will be a bargain until then. Pro bowl caliber players at every offensive skill position whereas TB has Josh Freeman, Mike Williams (tough week last week), and Blount :/ Atlanta is much better across the roster. Also, TB went 4-4 (Atl won both in 2010) last year at home so their home field adv shouldn't sway the line as much as it did.

GB -3 @ Chicago Force of habit..lol. The Bears secondary isn't built to stop Arod and the pressure won't be enough to slow them down. Also, the emergence of Starks is worth looking out for. Cutler again will be pressured/hit/sacked all game and will likely turn it over more than last week. Who are their receivers again?

Seattle +3.5 vs Arizona Tavaris Jackson (or whoever starts at qb this week) throws for 250+ yards and 2+ tds. Arizona's secondary is that bad. Patrick Peterson (R) is starting across from a 2nd year undrafted no name. Think 2010 Texans bad. Seattle stuffs the run and turns the Cardinals into a pass-only team; imo this game is close throughout. Larry could have a monster day and blow up this entire prediction.

Pittsburgh -10.5 @ Indy Uhh so Mendenhall has his way with the crappy Colts defense and Collins again fails repeatedly on 3rd/4th down. If I remember correctly the Browns average starting position last week was on their own 41. Due to the Colts offense not sustaining drives and the special teams being ******* terrible (still). Maybe that will improve but I doubt it. Ok but seriously, Indy held Cleveland to
<3.5 yards per rush and weren't blown away by McCoy. The defense isn't the problem (who am i talking about again?) and can't be expected to hold opponents when they have a 60 yard field. The Colts o-line will crumble constantly so the Indy receivers will have to beat their press coverage. I wonder if the Steelers can get back-to-back shut outs?? The stadium will be empty by the start of the 4th. #suckforluck

49ers +3 @ Cinci Cedric Benson shouldn't be very effective against the stout 49ers run defense so Dalton will have to throw...and he'll be throwing to another rookie. Although they won't be totally out of luck because the 49ers secondary is still injured and not full strength. I don't have much to say about this game other than I think the Bengals are bad and Dalton will struggle. Cinci lost to Denver's backups last week :/

Carolina -3.5 vs Jacksonville Gabbart is starting so Carolina is free to load up the box and force Jax to throw. MJD is basically the only talent on that offense with Mercedes Lewis out again. Some guy named Mike Thomas is the #1 receiver lol. I don't even know what to think about Cam Newton...but it's hard to argue with 854 yards in two games. They've abandoned the run completely even though they have two *star* rbs and a very good offensive line. Steve Smith is still a badass who could lead the NFL in receiving yards this year. Well, not really but it's fun to get carried away by their success (they're 0-2 lol). I'm kinda scared of this game cuz I've seen Jax play out of their ass against Indy too many times (mainly at home though). Look for he Carolina run game to start 2011 at home right.

Titans -6.5 vs Denver I was wrong when I said (against the Ravens, and really that was stupid to say cuz the Ravens have a weak secondary but a solid run D) that their offense had to go through CJ for them to be successful. Apparently Kenny Britt can win games too. But this week should be the CJ show again. Denver doesn't stop the run very well and CJ is really fast/good so he should have a big day. And if Champ Bailey doesn't play (and he won't) then Britt could dominate. After this week the Titans will be considered legitimate AFC South contenders with Houston.

Ravens -3 @ Rams The Rams didn't capitalize on the Giants broken secondary as much as I would have liked and Baltimore will shut down any rushing attack the Rams try. So again, it will be on Bradford (and his ****** reveivers) to get it done. I want to think he will progress (well, I'm very confident he will just unsure about when) but it's unlikely to happen this week. At least not for 21+ points as I believe the Ravens will score quite a bit. Bradford needs to key in on not turning it over and taking big shots when they have exploitable matchups (a McDaniels philosophy). And whatever you do...don't throw it to Ed Reed haha.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
completely shocked at how Eli has opened this game. the Eagles defender who tried to tackle Victor Cruz on his 80-yard TD and ended up throwing the perfect block on his teammate is the most LMAO play of the season so far :lol:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads