• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
US Yoox is so overpriced compared to European that it needs 45% coupon to make it interesting

My Main Man

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What magical places do you guys shop that makes Yoox's prices seem so crazy to you? I don't shop from Yoox too often, but I just did a quick glance and saw Band of Outsiders pants for under $50, Cantarelli blazer for about $220, etc.

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Italian shoes and clothes are 10 to 20% cheaper in Europe even with 22-27% VAT included in those prices. US YOOX became incredibly pricey lately. It has been getting up in prices for some time but last time I checked mid to high Italian products are significantly higher priced than in EU. It used to be a reverse situation few years ago...

Chanklebury

Reaction score
A particular item from a brand that's available on both Yoox UK and Yoox USA is only available as the item itself on the US site.

Yoox were decent enough to reply, and promptly too, to my enquiry whether it would be made available across both sites, but the answer was ultimately no.

Short of proxy I can't think of any canny ways of getting it sent via the US site to the UK - anyone have any suggestions?

The annoying thing of course is that I'm in England, and the item in Italy! Having the item shipped from Italy, to the US, to then come back on itself to the UK and presumably incurring taxes is rather frustrating.

alexSF

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A particular item from a brand that's available on both Yoox UK and Yoox USA is only available as the item itself on the US site.

Yoox were decent enough to reply, and promptly too, to my enquiry whether it would be made available across both sites, but the answer was ultimately no.

Short of proxy I can't think of any canny ways of getting it sent via the US site to the UK - anyone have any suggestions?

The annoying thing of course is that I'm in England, and the item in Italy! Having the item shipped from Italy, to the US, to then come back on itself to the UK and presumably incurring taxes is rather frustrating.

This happens when an item/size is bought by an american customer and next returned, it will be stocked in the us wharehouse and it will became available only to us site. It's really an annoying thing.

Last edited:

Chanklebury

Reaction score
Ah, got it, thanks.

I'd originally thought that everything was shipped globally from the same Italian based distribution centre. Now I see!

Might have to use a forwarding agent then.

Thanks Alex
smile.gif

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Using 'SHOP20', I bought the Caruso jacket you see below. It was still pricey even with the code, but it's really nice and fits perfectly over a sweater (It fits a bit large I would say). The shoulders are quite padded, as they appear to be on most of the Caruso offerings lately, and it actually reminds me of a Brioni fit. The model is 'Venezia Parma'.

The cloth is fantastic. It's a cashmere/silk mix by Loro Piana. (Loro Piana 'Sunset').

Last edited:

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Noiceee, dark checks are easy to match. What was the final price? In Caruso I always size down.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Noiceee, dark checks are easy to match. What was the final price? In Caruso I always size down.

Uhh it was £867 after 20% was knocked off. A bit crazy for Caruso, but I wanted a jacket of that colour, so I'm doing the best I can to justify it... lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads