• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Viberg for Styleforum GMTO makeups

Skell6009

Reaction score
Ok, I am one of the guys that voted for the Natty CXL but has yet to place an order. When it came time to actually pony up this much money for a boot that I am not able to try on (I live in Austin, TX, so there is nowhere near me to try them on), I got too nervous about sizing. Anyone else worried about this? If the boot doesn't fit, what do you guys think I could reasonably expect to sell them for (i.e. how much do you think I'd lose when flipping them)?

On the other hand, of course, I really, really love these boots....
You should be able to make close to if not the whole purchase price.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, man. I am an 11 or 11.5 in Red Wings, 11 in 1K mile, and 11.5 in OSB Trench. Just torn between 11 and 11.5...

Sounds like you'd be an 11. OSB Trench tend to run true to size, 1000 miles & RW 1/2 size down. Generally Vibergs are a 1/2 size down as well.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, man. I am an 11 or 11.5 in Red Wings, 11 in 1K mile, and 11.5 in OSB Trench. Just torn between 11 and 11.5...

Sounds like you'd be an 11. OSB Trench tend to run true to size, 1000 miles & RW 1/2 size down. Generally Vibergs are a 1/2 size down as well.

How do the OSB Trenches fit you? They are a pretty wide fitting boot. If the 11.5 Trench feels narrow to you, then and only then would I consider an 11.5 in the 2030, since the 2030 not as wide and pointier than the Trench. Otherwise, go with what others said, an 11.

Sonderist

Reaction score
Was really hoping I'd have some wiggle room with money when it came time to pull the trigger on these Cabourn's, but sadly I'll have to pass. Bummed :/

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was really hoping I'd have some wiggle room with money when it came time to pull the trigger on these Cabourn's, but sadly I'll have to pass. Bummed :/
Yeah, that is a bummer. Sorry man :(

boned

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but I'm gonna have to break out the plastic on this one!

Last edited:

dsthompson

Reaction score
Huge thank you to everyone above for the sizing help...OSB trench in 11.5 is about right in width (definitely not too narrow), so it sounds like I'm a solid 11 in the 2030.

In summary: *******, I'm in!

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bam. These are going to be some epic makeups. What I love about this particular set is the variation in the makeups, from the very streetwear bison boot, to the very rugged Cabourn inspired makeup and the Blue collar shitkicker, to the sorta scoundrel gentleman look of the natural CXL. Let's get a few more in and blow the top off of this this.

Sonderist

Reaction score
If anyone ends up not loving their Cabourn or Natty CXL (though I'd probably see peace in the Middle East before that happens) and they order a size 8, I'll pay handsomely to take them off your hands in the future!

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Been ignoring this thread for the sake of my wallet ;) but note in intrigued. Before I plow through everything, it is open to order please ?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads