• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New TV shows for Fall 2011, what are you anticipating?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^ I like it, personally. It's not ground-breaking or anything but amidst all the new cop shows and teen dramas, this got my attention. Also, while the story is a little uneven, the performances don't disappoint.

tricota

Reaction score
No doubt that Homeland has impressed me the most of all the new shows. I also found Person of interest pretty good, while I cant figure out if unforgetteble is good, or if I just like looking at Poppy. Of the comedies I dismissed New Girl. I really cant stand Zooey Deschanel, so that did it for me. 2 broke girls is pretty damn funny,but if you like it, enjoy it now. Its pretty clear that it will either be killed or rewritten to make it less crass and easier to market. That will probably mean less jokes about masturbation, virginity, masturbation, horse dong and masturbation. And that will be the end of the show. Who wants to watch a mellow, cencored kat dennings...?

Also glad to see the return of Bored to Death and The League...

deadly7

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ep 1: If you liked the Season 6 opener where it's more an examination of House's mind/reactions to other people (in this case, he's in jail...) you'll enjoy this episode. House is being extorted by murders and gang leaders. How he handles being the ***** is basically the focus of the episode. I enjoyed this one a lot.
Ep 2: House gets a work order release from jail and ends up back at PPTH, devoid of a team. Chase is gone, as are Taub & 13. Foreman is now Dean of Medicine, and his leadership career is hinging on House not flaunting his rule. The tension that Cuddy offered as DoM is gone-- Foreman's not going to be nailing House. But it's an interesting power difference, one that will make for great fodder in later episodes.
The Asian comedian chick that's a doc for this season drives me batshit crazy though.
Overall I'd say it's worth watching, but I love Hugh Laurie in this role. The show hasn't done anything spectacular though.

;alskdj;asldkfasj;dfk
Charlyne Yi is killing House even more than last year's writing did. I have never seen a TV character more annoying than her. SO MUCH PAIN when she talks.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score

;alskdj;asldkfasj;dfk
Charlyne Yi is killing House even more than last year's writing did. I have never seen a TV character more annoying than her. SO MUCH PAIN when she talks.

Charlyne Yi was in Knocked Up and on a TV show on NBC called Love Bites (don't know if she was the series premiere only or on all episodes).

Last edited:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody else stoked that Beavis and Butthead are coming back on the air in a week?

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score

Anybody else stoked that Beavis and Butthead are coming back on the air in a week?

I am. I was a big fan back in the day. And, I am tired of those dinosaurs Family Guy, The Simpsons and South Park. Beavis and Butt head coming back will be ultra refreshing! :nodding:

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
South Park is still okay, but it's definitely not what it was.

Simpsons hasn't been good in a decade.

Family Guy was never good.

OxxfordSJLINY

Reaction score

South Park is still okay, but it's definitely not what it was.
Simpsons hasn't been good in a decade.
Family Guy was never good.

I never liked Family Guy, either.

The Simpsons was good from October 1989 to May 1999 (the first ten seasons).

South Park was good from October 1997 to May 2002 (the first five seasons).

Beavis and Butt head only lost some steam toward the end but nothing like the following losing steam: The Simpsons from October 1999 onward (the 11th season onward) and South Park from October 2002 onward (the sixth season onward). Hopefully, Beavis and Butt head will have all of their steam back next Thursday night (October 27th, 2011) when it premieres for the second time.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The first five seasons of South Park are my least favourite. It really only started to pick up around season six.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads