• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Toronto Brooks Brothers store opening soon

scypticalchymist

Reaction score
I had a great impression of the staff at the Royal Bank Brooks Brothers location. Very helpful, not pushy, and spent a lot of time with me even though I was only interested in a shirt or two. A younger guy doesn't always get that kind of attention at high(er) end stores.

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michael at the Royal Bank location is great; helpful but not over bearing.

The others? No so much.

Viral

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a great impression of the staff at the Royal Bank Brooks Brothers location. Very helpful, not pushy, and spent a lot of time with me even though I was only interested in a shirt or two. A younger guy doesn't always get that kind of attention at high(er) end stores.

nonsense..............security always follows me around at high(er) end stores. :nodding:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I definitely have had mixed experiences at all 3 places. I have a pretty good relationship with Yasir at Holts; a fine gentlemen.

Harrys is a bit more problematic. I've had a female SA try to push me to buy a suit that was obviously too big on me (my size wasn't available). And she kept telling me how amazing I looked and kept touching my arms to emphasize the point (physical contact is a pretty effective sales tool). But I didn't buy the suit obviously.

The pushiest SA I ever experienced was at Harrys as well. I was looking at some Boss Selection items and the SA came up to me and asked if I needed help. I told him I was looking at some suits (and suits only!). He then started talking about a new brand of jeans they started carrying. The conversation went like this:

SA: We got these new jeans you have to check out; they feel amazing.

Me: Actually I'm not looking for jeans right now, just suits.

SA: No seriously, you have to check them out; the material is amazing.

Me: (very politely) I don't need jeans right now, but thanks anyways.

SA: Follow me, I'll show you the jeans.

(I reluctantly follow him to the jeans)

SA: (Holding the jeans) feel how amazing that is.

Me: Yeah thats not bad.

SA: You're about a 32 right? Here try these on.

Me: (finally losing patience) Yeah listen, I really don't have time to try on jeans. I'm just looking at suits.

SA: (looking deflated for not being able to sell the jeans).

To this day I still have no idea why he was pushing me to buy jeans.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
for the record i have always recieved good service at BB, harry rosen maybe 50% of the time, this is coming from a young guy who they probably think won't buy anything.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Michael at the Royal Bank location is great; helpful but not over bearing.
The others? No so much.

Mike assisted me the day before boxing day. He was pretty good but on Boxing Day Ivan assisted me and he was FANTASTIC. Gotta love his "talk to me" when you try something on and are about to give him feedback.

I agree BB has better service than the snobs at Harry Rosen and Holts.

I'm not too thrilled personally by the new location. The RB Plaza location isn't that far. Yet there is nothing at Sherway/Yorkdale?

I live in Mississauga so don't always want to go downtown for BB plus have to pay for parking.

Last edited:

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I stopped by BB today and they're having their final clearance. They had Thom Browne BB suits for 60% off in staple colours (a solid gray was $1850 regular price, with 60% off). The solid navy was 50% off. They had most sizes available.

Last edited:

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I stopped by BB today and they're having their final clearance. They had Thom Browne BB suits for 60% off in staple colours (a solid gray was $1850 regular price, with 60% off). The solid navy was 50% off. They had most sizes available.

How about other suits? How much was a milano suit?

hrb

Reaction score
The sales are great, but full retail for their product - in Canada - is dramatically overpriced. Great store ambience though. The Vancouver sales associates are a mix, more clingy than pushy. better than Harry's. Holts (again in Van) is either fantastic, or atrocious. There seems to be a certain type of sales associate there that thinks they're the baller customer, not the sales associate. Only in Holts, and they are usually quite young or quite old. anyone else experience this? Got off topic there, sorry.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
how often does BB have 50% off sales, i want to buy a bag from them but there is no way i am paying close to $900 for a canvas bag, 50% off seems better but last time it was on boxing day (take 40% off and an additional 20% off that, so 52% off). will there be another sale like that soon and when?

NHSkier

Reaction score

+1

literasyme

Reaction score

That would be the perfect location, pre WWII building with character and I forgot, steps from the St. George subway station which intersects both the University and Bloor Lines. I'm starting to think BB's real estate office might a bit ahead of the curve playing the long game, lock in a nice long term lease at a reasonable rate and be the tenant that draws others to the neighbourhood.
Are they taking the whole ground floor?

It's not just next to U of T, it's in a U of T building -- home of the English & Philosophy departments and the Humanities Institute. BB is taking over the old BMO branch, about half the ground floor (there's also a lecture hall & a couple of smaller shops and cafes on the same floor).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads