• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New Thom Browne!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Look at Dior Haute Couture as well.

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Galliano is even more nuts, more an LSD trip than circus anyway ....

Thom Browne could team up with Junya Watanabe for some collection

styleLEAD.jpg

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm actually feel embarassed for him...

lakewolf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
He looks good in a non matching jacket/pant outfit.

Now, He looks like a nerd, haircut and everything.

Before the look was quite ok, a modern and distorted take on the classic suits.

Now that he made a lot of money selling overpriced suits to some NYC hipsters he went nuts.

Leslierc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
rolleyes.gif

What is fashion then?

Sometimes, runway looks are just that, runway looks, nothing more nothing less. They might be meant to tell a story, serve as medium for the designer's aesthetic ideals, whatever. But to resemble actual commercial pieces they aren't.
smile.gif

Thom Brown is not unique in this area, for there's always John Galliano. Here's some looks from John Galliano Fall/Winter 2008 Collection:
00480m.jpg

00410m.jpg

00550m.jpg

00540m.jpg

There.
devil.gif

You are entitled to your opinion as well. But it's like art - some things just don't appeal to everyone. By the way, my wife works in fashion; so, I know about themes, concepts, visions, inspirations, etc. associated with runway looks.

eric glennie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Leslierc
You are entitled to your opinion as well. But it's like art - some things just don't appeal to everyone. By the way, my wife works in fashion; so, I know about themes, concepts, visions, inspirations, etc. associated with runway looks.

I completely understand what you are talking about. Every consumer is entitled to an opinion about a style and every designer is entitled to his art. These designs are crazy, but It definitetly gets the designer recognized and his/her name in the press. Look at all the free press the avant guarde designers receive compared to the traditional designers. People want to see the freak shows. It takes a huge set of cuhona's to put a reputation on the line, but for some designers the negative press equates to instant recognition and branding.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So Galliano > Browne >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> glennie?

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
I think the Thom Browne show looks a lot of fun to be at. As someone said, almost like watching a performance art show. I think it's great. It's obvious this isn't going to be in stores so to react to it as if it were is silly.

I would love to see SoCal and his SO get fitted for that siamese twin suit

The clockwork orange look is kinda cool too. And I bet the models are actually pretty stoked to get such a high profile gig. I don't know why you'd think they were unhappy....they're getting paid to wear some **** for one afternoon, not like they have to go back home dressed like that.

Tumbleweed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I would love to see SoCal and his SO get fitted for that siamese twin suit

I rather think that it's the perfect thing for Always Suited and his partner.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
He looks good in a non matching jacket/pant outfit.

Also, really like the diamond pattern in the background.

He looks good in that pic. IMO, he looks a lot better when he leaves his jackets open. When closed they make him look like he has 34Bs. Fashion shows are fashion shows. Eventually people will understand that. Look at all of the horrendous stuff Isaia did in that video from their exhibition. It was all plastered with coral print and not really wearable. That is just a low fashion version of this.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
I think the Thom Browne show looks a lot of fun to be at. As someone said, almost like watching a performance art show. I think it's great. It's obvious this isn't going to be in stores so to react to it as if it were is silly.
I thought the same thing when I first saw the pictures of the event. The presentation seems like it was a good mindf*ck, but fun at the same time. Thom Browne is definitely taking his showmanship to the next level.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lakewolf

The guy is totally nuts !

00450m.jpg

I love the aesthetic of this one. Bowler hats are cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads